Water and Shadow

I am not allowed to leave my room aside from using the bathroom and toilet. Which... adjacent to my room so it doesn't mean shit. Also, guards are stationed to patrol right under my balcony 24/7 in case I sneak out. Again.

Bummer.

The worst though?

The worst is having my entire family plus Asher give me an 'I am Not Mad, Just Very Disappointed'.  The award for the Most Devastating Stare goes to Asher who put his twist on Kicked Puppy Look, complete with flat ears and a dropping tail.

It instantly make me feels like the biggest scum on earth. Only heartless person take one look at sad puppy and not feeling sorry.

I don't know what scare me more. Asher knowing what kind of power he holds, or not.

On the one hand, if he know he can make use of it to maximum effect, and it will be devastating.

On the other hand, if he didn't know, he would accidentally use it and it will be even more devastating.

So

yeah

Grounded in my room, here I am.

While investigation is still ongoing.

Little known about the Mercenary. Just that he's a guy and willing to do some shady business for money. Wonder if my family worried about that guy come and kill me. I don't think Mercenaries are that dumb. At least those who gained enough fame does. Plus, if the order was just kidnapping, he can get his payment and gtfo since he no longer have business with that creep old fart. Jumping ship before it sink, so to say.

That's what I would do if I were the mercenary.

But the main reason why the Investigation is still ongoing, is because they found me on in middle of deadass forest knocked out cold with no one in sight. They know it was not the case of me running away when given a chance, the road is wet and muddy after heavy rain but my footsteps are nonexistent. It was as if I just popped out from the shadows. Oh, and aside of covered in mud, I'm dry.

After bothering Father, and throwing in promise that I'll behave, I found out that creepy old fart was found not too far away. Strung upside from tree branches , blindfolded and stuffed like Thanksgiving Turkey ready to cut for dinner, with some other damage done to his body. Sounds like someone did a list of injury to inflict and got a Bingo.

So, yeah.

Who, How, and most importantly, WHY?!

The lack of trace is what make my brother think there's a Divine Power at a play.

And Speak of Divine Power...

"..rise..." I whisper, with one hand hovering above bathtub.

I slowly moved my hand away. The water ripples and rose, following my hand movement.

HOLY FUCK! LAST NIGHT WAS NOT A FLUKE! I DID BREAK MY FALL BY CREATE WATER CUSHION! THIS IS THE PROOF!

I. Am. A. Fucking. WATERBENDER!

Like Katara from Avatar: The Last Airbender!

Fucking AWESOME!

Listen, Katara might not be my favorite character, that was Toph by the way, the fucking Legend, but she was awesome in her own way. Nevermind that Waterbending is fucking versatilee. Any source of water is your weapon. I remember well that episode where she and Toph were thrown into jail and Katara use her own sweat as weapon. Quote "I'm making my own water" unquote.

And I have potential for that!

YES! YES YES YES YES YES! BLOODY HELL YES! WHOEVER GIVING ME THIS POWER, THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH! I LOVE YOU!

SPLASH!

"Wablrblrbbhhhuuufff!"

Fuck! I lose control of the water and it rose like a waver and fell onto me like brick.

I'm a fucking wet rat.

Water can be a fucking bitch sometimes.

Thankfully I am in bathroom.

If I did the experiment in bedroom, I got Maids and Servants to answer why the floor is wet.

And if I use tea as experiment... whelp. Sticky floor here we go.

But if I stay wet rat like this I'm going to catch a cold. It IS still winter. And a Storm is raging outside.

Whelp.

I quickly change into clean, dry clothes. I wonder if I can drain water from my hair--uh. On second thought, let me comb my hair first. I find it easier to untangle knots when my hair is wet.

Done. Now... to drain out the water...

Ouch!

I think I just pluck some strands loose...

And wetting the collar.

Eh. It's just collar. Nobody gonna notice. Plus I wore black shirt. You need super sharp eyes to notice it. Like seeing Shadow in the darkness.

Shadow... Darkness...

Noir.

Hold on onto that line of thought, me.

Did I saw him? I swear I saw him.

He told me to wake up. That it was not the time yet.

Holy shit, did I almost died, again?! Before he kicked my soul back to my body?

Well, not exactly kick my soul-self's ass, he just told ask me very nicely in such manner that if I say no I'll probably break his heart. But eh, same difference. The thing is, I probably have a brush with death. Again. Maybe my heart did stop (again) for a moment or two before he yoinked my soul back to my body.

Nice guy.

How do I thanked him again?

Is there a specific prayer? Should I visit his temple if I got the chance? Wait, Asher once mentioned his temple is more likely in derelict state. Should I fix it? Or should I make a new one? Uh... no. Not that. If Asher is example, nobody would agree if they know which god it'll housed. Maybe a private Altar?

Or can I just... crouched down in dark corner and put down plate of snacks and drinks? And... some freshly cut flower if available.

Worth a try.

How do I convince the staff plus my family plus Asher to not touch it, then? They would see it and they would ask.

Maybe I should push the desk or a vase to hide it from the view. If they can't see it they won't ask about it.

...

Maybe I should do it after I get something to offer. Which means...

"Excuse me," I poke my head out of my room. Startling the guards there. Geez. Mother is not kidding when she says I'm grounded. "Can someone call a Servant to get me a snack and drink? And Books about Gods and Goddess?"

Where's Asher, by the way?

Please don't tell me he's got punished for "not taking care of me". Or worse, blame himself.

"...I'd like if Asher is the one who delivered it to my room. Thank you."