Upgraded To Mommy And Daddy

Author's Note: I'm really sorry for not updating as much. It's been hard to try and keep up with all of my stories plus my Texting ones and school, but I promise I will try my best to not take as long to update them all. Anyway please let me know what you thought and I hope you enjoy this chapter.

    Mal immediately started crying after she asked her question as she was afraid that she upset the two people that were nice to her and took care of her. Mal didn't want to get sent back to her scary mommy all because she had asked a question she wasn't supposed to.

    "I sowy! I sowy! I sowy! I no me to as dat! Pwease no ge ma an sen me ba wif scary mommy! I sowy!" The small girl cried out hysterically making April and Nick start crying as well just seeing how terrified the small girl was as she was terrified of them sending her away just for asking to call them mommy and daddy.

     They couldn't believe how horrible Mal's mother must have treated her for her to really be that terrified just to ask a simple question. "Mal please don't cry. It's okay. Hey it's okay Tiny. We're not mad at you at all," April began but the young girl immediately started laughing when April called her Tiny.

      "Hehe! You caw me iny! Das no my ame," Mal told April as she started giggling as if that was the funniest thing she had ever heard making Nick and April share a look and smile as they loved seeing the small girl happy.

      "I know but it fits you! And Mal again you don't have to be sorry for asking us a question. Now I can't speak for Nick over here, but I've been taking care of you for a little bit now and I think it's only fair that you repay me," April playfully told the small girl making Mal start freaking out as she didn't understand what April was trying to say.

       "I sowy Mi Apwil! Wa I hab do," The small girl asked April, getting scared, making April smile as she pulled the girl closer. "Well you could repay me by getting rid of that ridiculous name Miss April and you could start calling me by what I am," April told Mal, making her confused as she still didn't understand.

        "Wa dat," Mal asked in her innocent confused voice making April and Nick smile. "Your mommy, so you can repay me by calling me mommy now, but only if you want to,"April told the small girl and laughed when Mal's little face lit up with joy as she almost jumped up out of the bed.

         "Alright Tiny don't pull out any of those things I don't feel like having another anxiety attack today," April playfully told Mal as she stopped Mal from getting up too quickly and ripping her stitches and Ivs that she was on to try and get her nutrients up.

          Mal just laughed as she looked at April. "Weawy! I caw you dat wod!" Mal screamed out excitedly making April laugh. "Yeah Mal you can," April told Mal excitedly, making Mal beam with excitement.

          "Yay! I wob you mommy! You bes mommy eber! I wob say mommy! Mommy! Mommy! Mommy! I hab new mommy dat no huw me! Yay!" Mal screamed out excitedly as she hugged April as tight as she could as she was so happy that April was letting her call her mommy.

           April just carefully hugged Mal back as she smiled and tears of joy started to fall down her face as she realized the amazing feeling she was getting when Mal had called her mommy. It felt so right.

           Nick just laughed as he let April have her moment, but he wanted some of that love too as they had adopted Mal together and Mal was technically his daughter now too. He wanted to let April have her time though first considering Mal was her actual half sister and they were closer.

         Plus he knew how hurt April had been when she found out the truth about Mal and he thought April needed that to make it better on her.

      "Alright well if we're on the topic of wanting new names then I think the name Nick is ridiculous too," Nick playfully told Mal making her look at him in confusion while April shared a look with him and smiled knowing what he was up to.

      "You do?" Mal asked in her confused voice not understanding what Nick was saying either making Nick laugh as he sat down on the other side of Mal putting her in the middle of him and April.

        "Yeah I do and do you know what name that is," Nick asked Mal, making her smile as she finally put it together as her face lit up and she looked at Nick with hope in her eyes. "Is it daddy?" Mal asked in excitement, but also nervously as she was afraid of being wrong and getting hurt.

         Nick just laughed as he hugged Mal. "Yeah Mal! I think that name fits way better what do you think," Nick playfully told Mal, making Mal laugh excitedly as she finally had a daddy and he was someone that loved her.

        "Yay! I caw you daddy! I hab a daddy an a ice mommy now! Dis is bestest day eber!" The small girl screamed out excitedly making April and Nick laugh as they hugged Mal again pulling her close to them.

          Once Mal was asleep April smiled as she looked at Nick while running her fingers through Mal's hair. "You know it's weird. I never imagined myself as a mom, but now I can't imagine myself without being her mom," April told Nick as she continued to play with Mal's hair while the small girl slept.

          Nick just smiled as he looked at April. "Yeah she really has changed our lives huh. And I agree who would have thought someone that hated kids would become a dance teacher and a mom," Nick playfully told April, making her roll her eyes.     

           "I never said I hated kids! I loved Sarah and Michelle," April told Nick back, making him laugh as he remembered all their conversations in high school. Everytime Nick would bring up a future and kids, April used to roll her eyes and tell him they were gonna be too famous for kids. 

          "Yeah but that was different. You and I were dating and you had to get along with my sisters," Nick told April, making her roll her eyes as she didn't want to start a huge argument again. That was part of the reason their plans failed.

          They couldn't agree on what they wanted for the future at the time and it led to April deciding she couldn't do it anymore and broke up with him over text because she thought it would be easier. April didn't want a reminder of that.

          "Whatever that was before. And I was young get over it. Now can we just let it go and talk about something else? I'm honestly exhausted with everything that happened today and I really don't feel like relieving the past," April told Nick trying to change the subject, but also being true as she was exhausted from all the drama with her and Sarah to Mal getting severely sick.

           It was a lot to handle and she really couldn't do a fight right now over something from four years ago. Nick just nodded as he saw April struggling to stay awake when he could tell she was tired but she didn't want to stop watching Mal.

      "Yeah you're right. April get some sleep. Your eyes keep fluttering right now. We can talk in the morning when you and Mal wake up. Night Ape," Nick told April who was barely awake at this point as she just nodded and then drifted off still clinging onto Mal protectively.

           Nick just smiled as he watched April and Mal sleep peacefully. Once he was sure they were safe Nick ended up drifting off to sleep as well. Just as Nick was almost out completely he heard Mal start to stir as she started screaming and crying.