Going Backwards

"So what do you want to do," April asked Nick once they had finally gotten home and Mal was sleeping as it was late while Michelle and Sarah were at friend's houses leaving the two of them to their alone time.

     Nick just sighed as he looked at April knowing what she was talking about already as they both were in an agreement about it. "You mean about Mal and her expressing herself to us," Nick asked April who just nodded as she had been worried ever since Mal had ended up in the hospital with appendicitis.

     Mal had been hurting and sick for almost a week, but was too afraid to say anything and she barely made it to the hospital in time. They could have avoided that if Mal would just admit when something was wrong, but Mal was still too scared to ever say anything to them.

      "Yes I mean that. She could have died and we didn't even know she was hurting on her right side because she wouldn't tell us. Nick we can't just let this continue. What if something really bad happens and we never find out because she's too afraid to tell us. I know she has to go at her own pace, but I'm worried," April rambled out making Nick nod as he understood exactly where April was coming from.

       He felt the exact same way that she did. "I know Ape. You know maybe it would be a good idea for us to make an appointment for her with a therapist," Nick began but April just shook her head as she looked at her fiance like he was crazy.

      She knew he just wanted to help, but she didn't agree with putting a two year old toddler in therapy even if Mal had her traumas and yes she knows that therapy can be helpful, but right now Mal was only 2 and didn't need people observing her and forcing her to talk about things she didn't want to.

       "Nick are you insane! We are not putting our two year old in therapy!" April screamed out as she couldn't believe Nick would suggest that. "April she needs help and a therapist could really help her," Nick told April hoping to get her to stop looking at him like he was insane and to actually think about it.

       Nick's words just seemed to make it worse though as she just shook her head no again. "No Nick! We don't need to force another thing on her right now! We are not putting our toddler in therapy! I'm putting my foot down," April yelled out again as she wasn't going to change her mind and didn't think it was the right time for it.

       "Will you just hear me out here!" Nick asked April in frustration as he really did believe therapy could help her, but April was refusing to listen to him. "I already told you we're not putting our toddler in therapy!" April screamed out again as she couldn't take it anymore.

        "Okay then what do you suggest! You're the one who said you were worried first and now you don't want to do anything to help her!" Nick told April as he raised his voice more not being able to handle it either he just wanted to help his daughter and he knew April did too, but she didn't want to do the thing that could help her.

        April just sighed as she realized they were starting to get into a dangerous territory they didn't want to be in right now as she looked at Nick starting to calm down. "I know that, but she's young Nick. Why put her through something else that is just going to make her more uncomfortable. Look it's obvious we have no clue what we're doing right now. I think we need a third opinion here," April told Nick who nodded as he realized April was right.

       They had never had to deal with something like this and it was obvious they needed help right now. "I think you're right but who do we talk to?" Nick asked April who smiled as she started calling Miss Barb.

       April trusted Miss Barb as she had basically helped raise her as a child. She looked out for her and she became like the mom that April had always wanted. April felt like she could talk to Miss Barb about anything especially with how helpful she had been for her when her mom left.