Revealing The Real Truth

"Dad you have some serious explaining to do," April told her father as soon as he picked up the phone as she was angry. It was obvious that her dad had been lying to her. Carlos was 4 which would make him fit with her dad's story, but Mal was only 2 and still matched with their DNA which meant she was definitely still his daughter.

Frank just sighed as he knew he shouldn't have lied to April, but he was doing it to protect her. "Okay I know you're upset, but I was doing it for a reason," April's dad began but April cut him off as she didn't want to hear his excuses.

He was lying to her and two of her siblings ended up in abusive homes because of him and he never even thought to tell April about them. "No dad, I don't want any excuses! I want the truth and the real truth only because a little four year old boy is claiming to be Mal's older brother and he's 4 putting him at the age you said you hooked up with that monster! And Mal matches with your DNA making you her father! So explain now!" April screamed out as she was done with her dad and his vague answers.

April wanted to know everything and she wanted answers now. "Okay fine yes I lied. The truth is I knew about Carlos and Mal," April's dad told April, making her lose it as she couldn't believe her dad would do this.

"YOU KNEW ABOUT HAVING MAL AND ANOTHER CHILD AND DIDN'T TELL ANYONE! YOU LET A MONSTER ABUSE YOUR OWN CHILDREN! WHO DOES THAT!" April cried out as she couldn't believe her father would do something like this.

She had always looked up to her father and hearing that he not only lied to her but that he allowed two babies to live in an abusive household was just too much for her to handle right now.

"April honey I can explain. The reason I lied is that it was easier that way. The real truth is that Maleficent and I we um... we were dating for about two years," Frank told April, making her lose it again as not only did her father lie about not knowing about Mal and Carlos, but he lied about only seeing Maleficent a few times.

"YOU DATED THAT MONSTER!" April screamed out with clear disgust and disappointment towards her father.

"I didn't want to, but then she got pregnant and I knew what kind of person she was. I wanted to be there for my baby. I protected Carlos for two years, but then she got pregnant again and she threatened to kill the baby and Carlos if I didn't leave and forget about them. I couldn't let her kill my babies, so I lied. April I promise I would never let someone hurt my children. I did what I had to," April's dad told her trying to get April to see that he wasn't some monster and he tried to save them.

"You mean my children! You should have tried harder! I don't forgive you! I would never let a monster keep me from my children especially when I knew what that monster was doing to them! And I can not believe you lied to me! Also why did you say it happened 4 years ago when Mal is only 2! Carlos is 4! Mal is 2!" April shouted out over the phone as she didn't care anymore.

Mal was hers and she didn't know Carlos much yet, but he was hers too and she is determined to get custody of him as well.

"I must have gotten them mixed up. You mentioned a 4 year old and I remembered that one of them was 4. I must have just gotten them mixed. April please you have to understand I did what I had to," April's dad told her but April just rolled her eyes as she hung up not wanting to hear anymore excuses from her dad who was trying to convince her that what he did wasn't a messed up thing.

April just threw her phone down on the couch as she joined the others again. "So what did he say," Nick asked April who just sighed in frustration as she didn't feel like talking about what her dad did right now.

"Doesn't matter." April told her fiancé who just nodded knowing that whatever April and her dad had talked about wasn't something she wanted to talk about and he could respect that.

"Is Carlos your brother," Miss Barb asked April who just looked over at the two kids who were playing again. "Yeah he is. My dad lied," April told the others not wanting to go into details though.

"What do you mean he lied," Nick asked April who just got up from the couch as she pointed to the two happy little kids that were happy to be reunited.

"I MEAN HE LIED! HE KNEW ABOUT THEM! HECK HE RAISED CARLOS FOR 2 YEARS! HE LIED TO ME AND HE LET THAT MONSTER HURT THEM! HE SAID HE DID WHAT HE HAD TO BUT THAT'S BS! HE DIDN'T EVEN TRY! AND I FEEL LIKE I FAILED THEM! WHAT KIND OF BIG SISTER AM I! I KNEW MY DAD WAS ACTING WEIRD AND I LET IT GO! IT'S MY FAULT TOO!" April cried out as she fell to the floor and started sobbing.

This was all just too much for her. First she finds out she has a secret half sister that was abused for what she thought was four years then when that little girl ends up in the hospital after almost dying she finds out that she's actually only two. Then Mal starts to go backwards and shut down.

And just when she thinks that's the worst of it she finds out the child Miss Barb is now fostering is her secret half brother that she didn't even know existed and that not only did she not know, but her father lied to her.

The person she thought she could always trust lied to her and let her believe that he didn't know about Mal let alone Carlos who he raised for two years.

Miss Barb just pulled April towards her as she just let her cry on her and whispered words of encouragement before excusing herself and leaving as she had to go speak with Carlos' social worker. It was only right for him to be with his family and it was obvious that's what they wanted too.

"Hey it's okay Ape. You didn't fail them. You didn't know. And look at them, they're both okay right now. Plus you saved Mal who knows what would have happened had you not gotten involved. I know it's hard right now but you did not fail your siblings," Nick told April as he pulled her close to him in comfort trying to make her feel better.

"But Nick it is my fault! I shouldn't have gotten so distracted in New York! I should have called to check up on my dad more! Maybe I would have been able to save them before any of this happened! It is my fault Nick!" April cried out again as she was feeling guilty again and feeling like she was failing her babies.

Mal stopped playing around with Carlos once she saw April fall to the floor and start sobbing and Nick and Miss Barb go to help her as she didn't like seeing her mommy crying.

"What's wrong Mally? You love playing dragon," Carlos told his baby sister in concern when he saw her stop playing as she just stared at the lady that was crying by the other adult that he had met already.

"I hab a go hewp mommy," Mal told Carlos who just looked at his sister in confusion as he pulled her back. "You can't Mally! She's gonna hurt you!" The small boy screamed out as he refused to let his sister go towards April but the small toddler just squirmed away from her brother as she toddled over to April and Carlos followed after not trusting the strangers with his baby sister.

"Mommy Aw you otay! Id otay mommy no cwy!" the small toddler told April as she ran over to the crying girl and squeezed her way into April's arms making April smile as she pulled Mal close to her and Nick joined in while Carlos just stood to the side and watched his baby sister with her new family as he still didn't trust them.