Yoinked

WARNING!!! HALF THIS CHAPTER INCLUDES SERIOUS THEMES OF INTENSE CYBER BULLYING AND DEATH THREATS. IF YOU ARE SENSITIVE TO THOSE THEMES, SKIP THROUGH HALF THE CHAPTER UNTIL YOU SEE A BIG BLOCK OF BOLD TEXT. THE SERIOUS HALF CHAPTER DOES NOT AFFECT THE STORY IN A MAJOR WAY.

  Jawsh let out a deep sigh, "Where's my stuff."

   I grinned, "It's been yoinked!"

   "Yoinked?"

   "Yoinked."

   "Ugh." He groaned. I had gotten a hit on him far away from his spawn point, and now he was schlepping back to his fallen gear.

   "Just messing with you!" I giggled, "I got your stuff so that it didn't disappear. A Diamond helps a Diamond." I emphasized that last part.

   "Yeah... a Diamond helps a Diamond." He knew what I meant. Ever since Schlatt's attack and the reveal of a traitor, it'd been difficult. Everyone reiterated that trust was important, but none could help secretly spying on their allies.

   I spewed out Jawsh's stuff at his feet, and pivoted, "Well, I'm going to catch ya later. Have fun, nerd."

   "Oh, Y/N wait!"

   "Yeah?"

   "Have you checked twitter recently?"

   "No?"

   "Good." And then he ended the call.

  "Strange," I talked to chat, "What's on twitter?"

   Chat spammed, "EVERYONE'S SPECULATING WHO THE TRAITOR IS"

   "Shit." I responded, "I'm gonna call Sneeg."

   I clicked over to Discord and called Sneeg. I tapped my fingers rhythmically to the ring of the call. Rolling my eyes I muttered a, "C'mon fucker." I leaned back in my chair and played with the cord of my slightly broken headphones. I closed my eyes and snuggled into the comfort of my gaming chair.

    "Hey!" I shot out of my chair, my eyes flying open. Once I realized it was Sneeg's voice I let out a giggle and adjusted my hair. I immediately saw the chat spamming, "CLIP THAT" and rolled my eyes.

    "Hey man- sorry about that." My laughs interrupted my words.

    "Have you checked Twitter?" He sounded concerned.

    "Uh, no?" My voice straightened out with nervousness.

    "Don't."

    "What the actual fuck?" I flared up, "People keep saying that! What the fuck is on Twitter?"

    "Just... stay off it today."

    "No. Fuck you. I'm opening it." I pulled out my phone.

    "Y/N-"

    "Oh."

    A thousand DMs. A thousand. Two thousand replies. Two fucking thousand. I started scrolling through the replies on my most recent tweet.

    "You're the traitor!! You lead everyone to an ambush!!"

    "Guys, they were surprised, they can't be the traitor"

         "Shut the fuck up they totally are"

    "go fuck yourself"

    "Guys it's a just a game"

         "but they obviously hate their friends"

    Two thousand replies, spanning across all my tweets. Eighty percent were angry. People believed that I was both the traitor, and had led everyone to an ambush. As stupid as that was, it was mentally damaging.