Cashier Shenanigans

I did my best recreation of My Chemical Romance, it didn't go well.

  "When I was a yOUng boy-" My voice cracked.

  Over the phone, it sounded like Condi spat out his water.

  "I just spat out my water." He gaped.

  Grizzly chuckled, "That wasn't good."

  "Thanks Captain Obvious." I did a mock salute.

  "Doing my duty." I could infer that he was doing it back.

  "Anyways you smelly losers, Minecraft?" Condi broke up the bit.

  "Okay weeb." I prodded.

  "Tough talk from someone who keeps talking about they've 'been meaning to watch (anime of your choosing).'" Grizzly bit back a laugh.

   "Touche." I sighed, "Minecraft."

    The pixel world sprawled out in front of me, I took a deep breathe of the non existent fresh air and prepared myself for the game. A tight-lipped smile appeared on the corners of my mouth and I started to walk forward.

     Three blocks in, my phone started to ring. Loudly. I sighed and leaned back, glancing down to ignore the newest spam call hurriedly informing me of my 'credit card debt.' Instead I nearly fell out from my chair. In big white letters on my vibrating phone the word, BOSS make me clench my teeth. It was Saturday, so this call must have been a butt dial. I'd answer it quickly and move on.

     "Hold on- boss calling me." I quickly told them.

     "Good luck." Grizzly sounded concerned.

     "Don't die." Condi added.

     "Thanks for the moral support. Chat, I'll be a minute."

      Camera off. Audio off. I left Chat with Minecraft music and Condi and Grizzly's incessant talking.

      "Uh- hello, this is Y/N L/N. How may I help you?" Customer service voice: on.

      "Hi there Y/N L/N, there's a store emergency. We need you right now." The woman's voice spoke.

      "Yes of course! May I ask what the emergency is?"

      "We're woefully under staffed, and it seems there's a party or big event. There's tons of people. Can you get here in fifteen?"

      "Yeah- yes. I'll see you in fifteen. Ma'am-" I promptly hung up.

      Switching camera and audio on I talked fast, "Hi Chat! Sorry, streams ending- work needs me. We're going to raid... Condi. Bye guys!"

       "B-" Was all Grizzly got out before I disconnected from the call. I quickly raided Condi and ended the stream. Running sloppy around my room, I pulled on "work appropriate" clothes, so boring clothes. Tossing on the plain tee-shirt and black pants, I dashed from my room.

       Skidding past corners in socks, using railings and corners to steer myself so I didn't slide directly into the wall. I grabbed my keys in my right hand and my shoes in my left. I dropped the shoes in front of me and haphazardly put my feet half in them. I practically jumped into my car and slid on my shoes all the way as I started the car.

        Driving to my store, I noticed a call coming the center panel of the car. Quickly, I answered.

      "Hi this is Y/N L/-" I started.

      "Don't fucking dox yourself!" Poke yelled.

      "Poke- what the fuck? I'm on my way to work!"

      "And I'm streaming. You ditched, what's up?"

      "You weren't even in my call!"

      "No fucking shit! But who do you think a disheveled Grizzly and Condi went to when you left?"

       "This is a problem you needed to call me about because-"

       "Because I don't want to talk to people right now!"

       "Ah."

       Poke took in a deep sigh, "I was going to play Danganronpa... and I feel bad just dumping them. I'm muted right now, can you take them?"

       "No I fucking can't! I'm driving! To work!"

       "You have any wired or wireless headphones?"

       "Yeah I have a pair right here why- oh no." I firmly denied.

        "Please dude? It's just for like an hour. Just sit with them in call."

        "I'm not babysitting them. They're adults!"

        Poke sat in silence.

        "Maybe not 'adults' adults. Fine. I'll join on my phone." I rolled my eyes and hung up. When there was a red light I desperately joined Condi and Grizzly's call.

        "Y/N!" Grizzly was like an exited puppy.

        "This is going to be a mess. Listen-" I started explained what had to happen.

-------------

        "Welcome to (store name). How can I help you?" I said brightly.

        "You ring them up!" A voice said in my left ear. I didn't falter. This had been going on for two hours. In my left ear, a single airpod lay.

        "How much is this?" The man unloaded his cart.

        "I bet it'll be over a hundred." Condi piped in.

        "Nah. Less than a hundred." Grizzly added.

        "That'll be $67." I over enunciated that last part to make sure Condi and Grizzly understood.

        "Fuck yeah!" Grizzly cheered.

         Once the man left I waved over my manager and asked for a break, she agreed and I went into the bathroom and crouched on my heels.

         "Stop fucking talking so loud." I addressed them, a hint of laughter in my voice.

         "We're quiet!" Condi protested.

         "I swear to God that guy heard you."

         "It would be funny." Grizzly noted.

         "I would lose my job!" I protested.

         "But it WOULD be funny." Condi agreed.

         "Poke owes me so hard."

          Condi (clear)

         Grizzly (clear)

         Poke (clear)

  (A/N: I was sick of plot and drama, so think of this as a filler episode. It was really fun to write :D)