7

"Clayton, save me. This was a mistake."

Clayton had just hung up the phone when he received the distressed link from his mate. His eyes widened and he immediately linked Deven. "Did you see Jackson leave earlier?"

"No, Alpha, I didn't see him leave. However, there's a possibility that he used a different door. Why, is something wrong?"

"I just heard a distressed message from him. I don't even think he knew he connected with me. I think something happened to him."

"I'll gather a group of warriors and search the surrounding areas."

With that all taken care of, Clayton turned his attention to his father. The man was looking at his son in concern. He recognized the look of slight panic on his son's face and it made his heart skip a beat uncomfortably.

"I think Jackson's gone. I think his old pack took him," Clayton stated.

With that one statement, all the color drained from Emerson's face before he felt his blood begin to boil in rage. He knew the type of Alpha the Silver Moon pack had. He even recalled what happened the last time he visited the pack, and what caused him to refuse a treaty with them, despite being so close.

8 years ago

Alpha Emerson had been visiting the Silver Moon pack every few weeks over the past 5 months. The first time he was there, he'd met the Beta's dark-haired son who seemed so innocent and sweet. The way his Alpha acted whenever the boy was in the room, however, was a bit odd. He acted like he was trying to draw Emerson's attention to the boy any time he could, like he was promoting him.

This time, however, was different. Alpha Richards ordered the Beta to send his son home before he turned toward Emerson with a strange glint in his eye. It was rather unsettling.

"So what do you think of the boy?" Alpha Richards asked, leaning back in his chair.

"He's a sweet child," Emerson replied, not quite sure where the other Alpha was going with his question.

"I'd be willing to offer you his services in order to sweeten our treaty agreement."

That sent an uncomfortable chill up Emerson's spine. Was this man serious? Was he really offering a ten-year-old's innocent body in order to get Emerson to sign a treaty with his pack?

He thought of his own son back home, thought of him being six years younger and someone offering him as incentive to sign a treaty. The thought made him feel ill.

He stood forcefully from the chair he'd been occupying since the Beta led his son out, causing the thing to tip over from the force.

"You're a sick fuck!" he ground out through clenched teeth, feeling his nails grow as his wolf began to surface due to his rage. "I will never sign a peace treaty with your pack if this is how you truly treat your Omega's. If I ever find out you went through with this with any Omega, whether it be that boy or someone else, be prepared for war, because I will not stand for that!"

With that said, Emerson stormed out of the Alpha's office, leaving the pack borders and never returning.

Present day

Emerson growled low in his throat, the sound startling even his son.

"Dad...?" Clayton asked hesitantly, wondering what had his father so pissed off.