3

By the time he finished telling everything up to point he left the pack, Jackson was crying. His chest hurt from the rejection still, even though Phoenix was taking most of the pain to protect the pups.

Clayton growled low in his throat. He couldn't believe someone would reject such a beautiful omega as Jackson. Especially after finding out he was pregnant with their pups. What made it worse was the fact the guy was an Alpha, so he rejected not only the future Luna of his pack, but inadvertently rejected the heirs to the Alpha title as well.

Clayton wasn't the only one angry. While he was mad that his mate had been rejected and hurt, Deven was pissed that Jackson had to go through the agony of his Goddess-given mate raping him, and then cheating on him after their "mating", and then getting rejected in front of most of the pack when all he wanted was his mate to accept him and his pups.

"Mate," Clayton started softly, hoping to maybe get a better reaction this time than the scared one he received when he approached earlier.

Jackson looked up, tears still sliding silently down his face. He faced the Alpha and sniffled. "Y-you're talking to m-me?" he asked meekly, unsure.

Clayton nodded, smiling softly at his mate. "Yes, mate. If you will have me, that is." Clayton sounded slightly nervous and rubbed the back of his head. "I know you were hurt before, but believe me when I say that I have no intention of letting you get hurt again, either by my own hand or someone else's. What do you say? Will you take me as your second chance mate?" He looked back up at Jackson, hope shining in his blue eyes.

Jackson teared up for a completely different reason this time. He couldn't speak, so simply nodded instead.

"Then, I, Clayton Hayes, Alpha of the Crimson Blood Pack, accept you, Jackson Rhodes, as my mate and Luna. I also claim your unborn pups as my own pups and possible heirs to the Alpha title." Clayton smiled happily, standing up and opening his arms wide, waiting for his mate.

Jackson let his tears slip from his eyes, feeling the pain completely disappear and be replaced by utter joy and love. He walked over to his second chance mate, the man who accepted him wholeheartedly. When he was within reach, Clayton enveloped Jackson in a warm and loving embrace.

"I, Jackson Rhodes, accept you, Clayton Hayes, as my second chance mate and accept your claim to my unborn pups. I believe we will be happy here finally."

Clayton felt his heart soar with those words. His mate accepted him and even said he would be happy in his pack.

Deven witnessed the beautiful moment between his Alpha and future Luna, and decided he'd best let them have some privacy. He silently slipped out of the office and returned to his patrol duties. But not before alerting the pack to not disturb the Alpha for a while.

Clayton pulled away slightly from the embrace, and placed his hand on Jackson's cheek. When Jackson leaned into his touch, he tilted his mate's head up slightly, so he could look into his mate's gorgeous eyes. They were the color of sea foam and were highlighted by his dark hair and tan skin.

"You're beautiful," he whispered to Jackson, making a blush crawl up the boy's face. He took the opportunity and leaned in slightly, gently pressing his lips against Jackson's. It was a soft and sweet kiss, sending sparks through both of them. Their skin was tingling wherever they were touching after accepting each other.

Clayton ended the gentle kiss and looked back into Jackson's eyes, seeing his dazed look.

The two were lost in their own world.

Clayton's office phone started ringing, startling the two mates, causing them to separate. They both blushed and laughed sheepishly before Clayton went to sit behind his desk to answer the phone. Jackson stayed standing in front of the desk, not wanting to eavesdrop. Clayton sent him a soft smile before he picked up the receiver.