8

(Contains brief graphic descriptions of sexual assault.)

It took two days and dozens of phone calls, most ending in some form of It's his home pack with his fated mate and his parents. By late morning on the third day, Alpha Jacobs had sent over a few dozen of his own warriors in order to aid in the rescue. He was the only one that believed Clayton over whatever bullshit Alpha Richards had spouted.

The large army of warriors gathered in front of the pack house, waiting for Clayton to give out the battle plan and announce their departure. When Clayton stepped out of the building, his face was unreadable, expression deceptively calm. A hush fell over the gathered crowd when he stood in front of them.

"Thank you all for volunteering to accompany myself as I go to the Silver Moon pack to retrieve my mate and the Lunos of Crimson Blood," Clayton began, voice booming in the quiet pack lands. "Many of you join us from the Red Dawn pack, and I also thank you for coming to help us in this mission. In a moment we will be leaving for the Silver Moon pack to rescue Lunos Jackson. We are, of course, heading into unknown territory and an enemy pack's lands, so stay alert and watch not only your own back, but each other's backs as well. Now let's go get my mate!"

With that final statement, Clayton took off toward the perimeter of the pack's territory, shifting mid-sprint and shredding his clothing. His grey and white wolf continued tearing through the forest, listening to any sounds ahead as well as the warriors running behind him.

Ajax pushed toward the forefront of Clayton's consciousness, taking over control and making them run faster. He was just as worried about Phoenix as Clayton was about Jackson. Clayton forced his way back into control as they reached the edge of Silver Moon territory.

When the army of warrior wolves caught up with Clayton, they all shifted and waited for further orders. The only instruction was to find Jackson.

•••

Jackson had been locked up in the cell for three days and three nights. He could tell by the number of meals being delivered every few hours. Sometimes his parents would visit and attempt to convince him to revoke his rejection of Dean, other times said alpha would kick the cell door and sneer at Jackson, laughing at the state he was in.

Meal number nine had just been delivered, meaning it was around lunchtime. As he ate, he wondered how Clayton was holding up and whether he was on his way or not.

"Mate is coming," Phoenix said. He'd been saying that for the past two hours. Jackson couldn't believe his wolf's optimistic view in their current situation.

Suddenly, there was a commotion above, shouting voices and running feet.

From somewhere in the distance, beyond the walls of the cellar, a chorus of barks and loud howling reverberated through the air. More barking sounded from above and the sound of nails scraping on wood joined the ruckus.

"I'm coming for you, Jackson." Clayton's voice spoke from inside Jackson's head. It sent a wave of relief through his body knowing that his mate was coming to get him.

•••

Clayton and the army of warriors breached the perimeter of the Silver Moon pack lands, howling and barking as they went, sending many ordinary pack members running for their homes in terror.  Silver Moon warriors shifted and fought against the intruders, but were cut down easily by the sheer number of invading warriors.