4| cuddle

I'M HORRIBLE AT sharing. Absolutely horrible, but sometimes I have to share things that are important to me.

Like Sam. Unfortunately.

I know that spending all day at the academy, going home and having dinner with me, then going to bed and doing the same thing the next day is boring, so when he texted me to check if it was alright that he grabbed drinks with a few guys from the academy, of course I told him I was totally okay with that.

Of course he's nineteen and I don't think he's going to get very far with drinks at a bar, but I think he was mostly going for the social aspect.

But now I'm left home alone, bored.

I have no one to annoy and it's pissing me off.

Sitting on my kitchen counter, chewing on a crappy sandwich I made, I call Phoebe.

"Hi beautiful! How are you?" She says immediately, and I smile widely.

"Great, just missing you guys."

"You can come over any time, honey, you know that. I'll even let you bring that boyfriend of yours." She teases, making me let out a giggle.

"I dunno, he's a big snuggle hog and he never shares the kids, I'm not sure he's going to be invited."

She laughs, "You're right. What are you up to?"

"Sitting in my kitchen and having a PBJ for dinner. Sammy's hanging out with some of his buddies from the academy." I reply, shrugging to myself.

"That's not a very filling dinner. You sure you're gonna be alright?"

"It's fine, I'm constantly snacking anyway so I'll be good." I assure her, but her hum that follows makes me think she isn't too impressed with that answer.

"Phoebe, I'm fine, I promise." I bark out a laugh.

"Well, if Sammy's out and you're sitting at home, all by yourself, why don't you come and hang out with us. We're gonna have dinner in half an hour, it's a proper dinner and it'll get some meat on your bones." She says, and I smile widely.

"I'm already in my PJ's,"

"Well, so are the kids, you'll fit in nicely. Now, I've got to go cause I think Rory is fighting Lillie for a baby doll, but I better see you over here in the next fifteen minutes." She tells me, and I snort, nodding.

"Yes ma'am. Love you." I say, tossing the rest of my sandwich in the trash as I walk over to put some shoes on.

"Love you too, baby." She makes a kissing sound, before hanging up, and I grin.

Shoving my phone in my pocket after sending Sam a quick message telling him I'm going over to his parents', I quickly put my shoes on and grab my keys.

I have the best family.

                                   ~•~•~

"I'm home," I call, opening the door, but before I can shut it again, Rory runs across the living room grabs my legs in a hug.

"Hi, Maddie!" He squeals, giggling loudly when I scoop him up, kissing all over his chubby cheeks.

"Hi, Rores,"

"Where is Sammy?" Gray asks, trying to peer out the window behind me, and I fake gasp.

"Who cares about Sammy? What about me?" I pretend to look offended, still holding a giggly Rory, and Gray quickly waves his hands around.