6| period

ROLLING ON MY side, sleep clinging to every part of me, I ignore the familiar feeling of pressure on my lower stomach.

Soon the pressure turns into pain, stabbing and squeezing, making me force my eyes open.

I blink a couple times, the sunlight streaming through the blinds I forgot to shut stinging my eyes.

When my sleep logged brain finally registers the source of the pain, I internally groan, covering my face with my palms.

I don't wanna feel like death for a week.

Just as I try to crawl out of bed, I stop, silently praying it's not what I hope it is.

A quick glance at my red stained bedsheets confirms it's exactly what I feared.

As I turn to my still sound asleep boyfriend, his chest rising and falling slowly and rhythmically, I feel a hot blush paint my cheeks.

I'm gonna have to make him get out of bed cause I forgot my stupid fucking period was due.

The second I'm embarrassed, my first instinct is to want to cry. I'm not sure why, but it just is, and I hate it with my whole being.

So of course, as I gently shake his shoulder so he wakes up, I feel my eyes burn terribly.

Don't cry, don't cry, don't cry, I chant to myself as he blinks awake, his eyes bleary.

When his gaze lands on me, I crumble, hot tears rushing into my eyes.

Fuck.

"Hey, hey, what's wrong?" He quickly sits up, giving me a concerned look.

His hand slides over my bare leg, his thumb brushing the inside of my thigh clearly to comfort me, but I push it down lighting fast.

He looks mildly shocked.

"I just- I forgot about my period and I started and I have to change the sheets, I'm really sorry," I blurt out, feeling embarrassed, and he clearly relaxes when he hears that.

"Bubba, it's okay, it isn't your fault, you don't need to be sorry." He quickly tells me, his hand moving to swat away a tear under my eye, and I sniffle.

"But now you can't sleep in."

"I don't care about that, honey, I have loads more days to sleep in." He assures me, his thumb rubbing my cheek, before dropping a kiss on my forehead.

He climbs out of bed, walking around to my side, and says, "Now come on, let's get you in some comfy new pajamas."

I stand out of bed, letting him put his arms around me, pressing a kiss to my cheek. "You don't need to be embarrassed, baby, it's not your fault."

I mean really, he's right. He's seen it all and dealt with this before, but it's always just so humiliating.

I quickly strip and get into a hot shower, the water pelting down on me and turning my skin a dark pink color, but it's perfect.

Taking my time washing myself, leaving my hair up because it's still clean, I just soak in the heat.

By the time I step out of the shower, my old clothes are gone and on the sink is a set of neatly folded PJ's, my favorite pair of striped socks on top.

He's too good to me.

I quickly change, brushing my teeth as well, and slip the socks over my feet, feeling much better afterwards.

As soon as I step out of the bathroom, my padded feet gently hitting the hardwood, Sam is in my face.

"Hey, I made you some toast cause I know taking meds on an empty stomach makes you sick, but your tea isn't ready yet. I do have a hot water bottle." He ushers me to the couch, his fingers lightly pressing into my back as he leads me over.