48. Rescue Mission

-Dante-

-Dante-

The call ended. I stared at Chase, and he stared back at me, but only for a brief second.

"Roe!" he yelled, and his master appeared in a hasty cloud.

"I need her location!" Roe spoke fast.

"She didn't say," Chase gasped, staring at his phone.

"I need something of hers! A hair or something!" Roe said, speaking now with a demanding voice, most likely because Chase was still staring at the phone.

"She's been here," I breathed out and dashed out the door.

I ran down the stairs and into the living room area, trying to remember where she had been. Roe and Chase both followed me as I started frantically searching for a dark, curly hair. If there would ever be a moment when my superior senses of smell and sight would get handy, it was now.

And I found it!

"I found one!" I shouted, leaning down to pick up a long hair under the couch. "This has to be hers!"

It had to, because no one else that had been in the house had hair like hers. Roe took it from me, and with a wave of his hand, the table between the couches was filled with small boxes, a bowl, and a mortar. Chase and I watched as he started making a spell, hastily piling up the ingredients into the mortar, then turning it all to dust. He moved them all into the bowl, added more stuff in it, and then half a vial of that pixie pee concoction.

And then the hair.

And then he drank it.

I was barely even breathing as I waited for him to move. For a second, he just stared in front of him, looking like he'd died on the spot. I jumped when he suddenly looked at us.

"Found her," he said, and vanished.

"What the hell is going on?" I asked Chase just when Ben hurried up the stairs.

"She's under attack," Chase muttered, looking scared and angry at the same time. "She didn't say who was hunting her, but she was scared..."

"Killian?" I whispered.

The look on his face when he glanced at me shortly nearly froze my heart. How could it be...?

"It can't be!" I said, and when he opened his mouth to speak, I shook my head. "How on earth could he possibly know who Aaliyah is or what she has to do with us? With me?!"

"Who else could it be, huh? We don't have enemies like that! He must have... He..." Chase trailed off, and now it was he who stared into nothingness. "Roe found them..."

And as on cue, Roe appeared into the living room, holding Aaliyah in his arms. He let her down before vanishing again.

"Aaliyah! Are you all right!" Chase hurried to her. She looked awful. Her clothes were torn, her face was dirty and covered in blood... in her own blood – I could smell it.