Chapter 4

The next morning both of the girls slept in. They had both decided, separately, to skip work for the day because neither wanted to face their parents. Neither of the girls had tried to talk to one another since Peyton had asked last night. Lainey woke up around 8:00 and couldn't go back to sleep so she got up and started showing herself around the house.

She started with the upstairs and found two bathrooms, three other bedrooms besides her own that were all identical in layout, a living room, and of course the master bed and bath. The master bedroom was beautiful.

It had a balcony that led outside to look out over the back end of the house, large windows to let in plenty of natural light, two big walk in closets, a king sized bed, two vanities, a couple of dressers, a tv mounted to the wall, a desk, a little nook in the corner with books and a chair, and a bathroom attached.

After going through the upstairs she went through the main level of the house. There was a living room, kitchen, dinning area, two office spaces, a study, two more smaller bedrooms, and two bathrooms. Next she went out back and found a large swimming pool, a hot tub, a tanning area, and an area to host people. In the hosting area there was a fire place, an outside tv, some outdoor furniture, a bar and grill area, and it was all underneath an overhanging roof from the back of the house.

She then went downstairs and found a gym with a juice bar and an entertainment area with things such as a pool table, ping pong, large tv, some chairs and a couch, a dart board, a fridge, a bar for serving drinks and stuff, and a few arcade style games.

After Lainey was done looking around she decided to put on her workout clothes and go back down to the gym.

Peyton woke up a little after 9:00. She too got up and started looking around the house as well. To say what she found in the basement was a shock would be an understatement. Peyton had never seen Lainey workout before. She knew that throughout high school the girl had played all kinds of sports, but other than just passing through the gym on occasion she had never seen Lainey actually working out.

Lainey was facing away from her doing bodyweight squats with a resistance band around her thighs when Peyton came down. Peyton couldn't have pried her eyes off of Lainey even if she'd wanted to. Lainey was only in a sports bra and spandex that stopped only a couple of inches under her butt.

Lainey had her airpods in so she hadn't heard Peyton come down the stairs. Peyton took full advantage and took in all of the blonde's beauty. Just because Peyton wasn't really the biggest fan of Lainey didn't mean she couldn't find her beautiful. Lainey was tall, with platinum blonde hair, her eyes were an ocean blue, and she was skinny, yet defined, with a slight hourglass shape. Peyton knew that Lainey had always played sports when they were in high school, but she never went to the girl's games because she was always at the boys games.

After 5 minutes or so of Lainey not turning around Peyton broke the silence by clearing her throat loud enough to break though the sound of her music, scaring Lainey and almost causing her to fall if it weren't for Peyton rushing over and catching her before she ended up on the floor.

"What the fuck! You scared the shit out of me."

"Sorry" Peyton said now staring at Lainey's abs.

"Hello" Lainey said drawing out her word "My eyes are up here." she said with a smirk.

Peyton looked up wide eyed. She couldn't believe that she had just been caught staring at Lainey of all people. The girl she had hated for as long as she could remember. "Sorry, I've just never noticed how fit you were. I mean don't get me wrong I never thought you were fat, but wow look at your abs! They are phenomenal. They must have taken a lot of work!" Peyton rambled.