Chapter 16

Wednesday through Friday went pretty quickly for both girls.  As the week went on more and more people were coming up to the girls and congratulating them on their engagement.  Lainey and Peyton both played along well when it came to talking nice about each other. They had gotten to know each other enough to pass off that they'd been together for awhile. It was also easy for them to come across as sincere, because they were for the most part. The girls had now found a new appreciation for each other.

"Well damn, a little warning next time you plan on standing in the kitchen half naked and I'll at least fix my bed head and put in my contacts." Peyton joked.

"I think your messy bun and glasses are cute."  Lainey said between drinks.  "Plus I just got back from my run and needed a drink.  I haven't just been standing here waiting for you to come down."

Peyton choked at the complement and tried changing the subject to keep Lainey from seeing how it had effected her.  "Do you run every morning?"

Peyton's reaction wasn't lost on Lainey, and she wanted to play with her a little more.  "Why, you like the view?  Should I start waking you up before I change every morning when I workout?"

Peyton blushed "I-... I ju-just... I mean I wou-"  realizing she wasn't going to be able to speak anytime soon she stopped trying and stood there.

"I'm kidding P. And to answer your question I do workout every morning, but I don't always go out for a run."

"Oh"

"I still need to do my ab workout before I shower.  Want to come count my sets?"

"Me?"

Lainey laughed as she started down to the basement.  "Yes, Princess.  You are the only other person in the house right now.  I gave the staff the weekend off."

"Oh, yeah, ok.  What does counting sets include?" Peyton asked as she followed Lainey down to the basement.

"Not much, you just have to watch me workout and count each rep."

"Ok, that shouldn't be hard." Peyton said confidently.

She was however, proven very wrong.  She found it extremely difficult to focus on counting while watching Lainey workout.  Each rep made her sweat a little more, and caused her muscles to shine a little more.

"How many was that?" Lainey asked, bring Peyton back to reality.

"Uh... I.... fif-... I los-"

Lainey chucked as she sat all the way up from her last rep.  "It was 25, but I could tell you weren't counting so I thought I'd tease you."

"You're an ass."

"You're the one who can't count to 25."

"Well, I'm sorry.  Who in their right mind would be able to focus while watching you workout?"

Lainey smirked at the compliment.  "You like my body, do you?"

"It's not the worst one I've seen." Peyton admitted.

"How about the best?"

"I plead the fifth." Peyton crossed her arms.

"We're in our basement, not a court room." Lainey rolled her eyes.

"I still have my rights."

"Whatever, I don't need your compliments anyway.  I know my body is great."

"Oh yeah?  Who told you that?"

"Half of your cheerleading squad back in high school, all the guys who hit on me over the years, Eli, Mack, all of my teammates, your friend Josie more times than anyone else probably,....... oh yeah, and you complimented my abs that first morning you came down and found me working out."