Chapter 18

The girls both woke up at 6:30 the next morning to get ready. They spent an hour and a half getting ready and packing all of their stuff. They then headed to the airport, and made it just before 9:00.

The flight was about three hours and both girls spent the majority of it sleeping.

"Peyton" Lainey said as she lightly shook the girl to wake her up.

"hmm?" she hummed in response, without actually opening her eyes.

"We're about to land."

"Ok, and?"

Lainey laughed. "You need to wake up, fix your seat, and put on your seatbelt."

"Can't you do it for me?"

"I mean if you're cool with me being that close to you. I would have to reach over you to pull the seat lever, and I would have to reach down by your butt to buckle the seatbelt."

"Better get a good look then." Peyton joked falling back asleep.

Lainey was stunned with the girl's response. She hadn't actually thought Peyton would want her to do it.

She started trying to pull the lever without putting her face in Peyton's chest and then she tried buckling her without touching her, but she wasn't very successful. "Lainey if you don't buckle my fucking seatbelt already you're going to have to catch me when I fly out of my seat." Peyton groaned.

"I'm sorry I'm trying not to touch you, or make it weird."

"You're making it weird by not just doing it. You're making it a bigger deal than it is. Have you never touched a girls hips before?"

"Yeah, but I've never..." Lainey trailed off. "You know what never mind. You're right it's not a big deal, but you should do it since you're awake now."

Peyton smiled finally realizing why Lainey was being weird. "Are you nervous to touch me, Lain?"

"I-" Lainey stopped herself. "Boundaries, remember. I didn't want to cross them."

"I never said that was a boundary. In fact I told you to buckle my seatbelt." Peyton said smugly as she buckled herself.

"I already made us reservations for dinner, so what do you want for lunch?" Lainey asked trying to change the subject.

Peyton didn't want to push Lainey too far so she let the subject go for now. "Depends, what are we having for dinner?"

"I can't tell you, it's a surprise."

"Please, I hate surprises." Peyton begged.

"No can do, P. You're just going to have to trust me on this one."

Once they'd landed the driver who was there to pick them up helped them load their stuff.

"Where to, Miss?" He asked looking in the rearview at Lainey.

"Please Raul, like I've told you in the past I'm not my parents you can call me Lainey. Is the café your wife owns open today?"

"Of course, Miss Lainey, my apologies, I thought that because you had company this time I should play it safe."

"Oh, I'm sorry I totally forgot to introduce you guys. Raul this is Peyton. Peyton, this is Raul. He has been a driver for our family for 7 years now and his wife is the owner of the best café in Miami. Now, about that café, it is open, isn't it?"

"Yes."

"I would like to stop please."

"Right away Miss Lainey" Raul nodded his head.