Chapter 6 - Perspective

The next morning, Alex was waiting patiently inside his extremely expensive car as he had parked it outside Owen's home. He was fixing the wayward strand of hair that flopped onto his forehead as he used the rearview mirror to fix his appearance that took only a little time to perfect.

With music playing ever so quietly in the background, Alex was tapping his fingers against the steering wheel when he saw Owen come out with a rucksack.

Alex watched Owen hug his father before moving closer to join him in the car. Alex politely waved back at Owen's father as Alex then leaned across the seats to open the door for Owen.

"Thanks," Owen said as he did his special handshake with Alex. No matter how young they were when they created it, neither of them did it in shame.

"You got all your shit?" Alex asked as Owen put his bag in the back seat. "I don't want us to drive back here because you forgot your retainer like last time."

Owen laughed as he tapped the pocket in his bag that held his retainer. He took extra care in remembering to bring it because last time he had to desperately beg Alex to turn the car around.

"Got it, Captain." Owen grinned. "I've also got my clothes, my toothbrush, and some snacks for the road."

The Beckerford Knights had a game tonight in a different town. Because of the time period, the whole team was planning an overnight stay in the same town for the rest of the weekend.

Instead of taking the school bus with the team, Alex kept their tradition of driving up there himself with Owen once he got his license. Not only was it a nice bonding time between the brotherly friends, but they also had their own privacy, space, and quietness.

"Let's go!" Alex cheered. He turned the engine on and smacked Owen's hand once he reached to change the radio channel. "You know the rules... My station only."

~~~~~~~~~~

A couple of hours on the road and they were both almost at the motel. A red light was ahead of them as Alex slowly put the brakes on. The slow momentum had caused something to roll out of Alex's bag from underneath Owen's seat and hit the back of his feet.

Owen was curious as he picked up the can that rolled to the front seat. He then held it up in the light as he turned to Alex with a confused look on his face, "Why do you have spray paint in your car?"

Alex reached towards his bag from behind Owen's seat and placed it in Owen's lap. The metal clanging of the cans hitting each other was loudly ringing as Owen picked out the several different colors of spray paint.

"I'm going to tag Liam's car," Alex told Owen.

Owen was confused by this because he had never seen Alex plan to do anything so artistic and creative. "You what?"

Alex wanted to draw a phallic shape symbol on the side of Liam's car. He hadn't determined what color he wanted to use, so he was going to test several different colors on whatever car Liam drove.

"Liam makes me want to be extra creative in how I get my payback," Alex emphasized.

Owen put the spray cans back in Alex's bag as he then tucked the bag underneath his seat. Owen then foiled Alex's master plan when he told him, "Liam doesn't have a car. He can't even drive."

Alex didn't have this information before and felt slightly stupid in having a plan revolving around something non-existent. "But I need his car to draw a penis!"

Owen held his hands up as he shrugged his shoulders. "Can't help you there. He definitely doesn't have a car. He told me when I offered him a lift home after work once."