Chapter 1 - The Beginning

"I'm not a fucking prostitute!"

Liam was on his way out the door when Alex grabbed his arm to root him in place. Alex waited for Liam to look back at him when a smirk accidentally broke out. "Technically you're more like an escort since I'm not trying to sleep with you."

"Was that meant to help?!" Liam yelled over Alex's laughter. "You're propositioning me!"

Alex rolled his eyes as he let go of his hold on the astounded Liam. It was a big favor to ask from a person he knew very shortly, but desperate times called for desperate measures.

"We would both win in this scenario," Alex pointed out. "I know you could do with the money I'm offering you, and I know that my parents are serious when they want to send me away again."

Alex stepped one foot closer to Liam as a cheeky smile came onto his face. His eyes were doe-like as he was pleading for Liam's help. "I'm not going to force you into doing something you aren't comfortable with. I just need your help. Besides, we've been getting on really well recently."

"So you want us to go back to hating each other again?" Liam's face was turning crimson as his frustration was overflowing. "This is insane!"

Liam took a step back as he began to anxiously pace back and forth. "We've only known each other for a few weeks! Even if you paid me a shit ton of money, how the fuck do you see this all panning out?"

Alex shrugged his shoulders as he chuckled lightly, not taking the situation as seriously as Liam. "It'll be fine. You're just overreacting."

Liam was dumbfounded at how nonchalant Alex was being. Liam could see how Alex wasn't joking, and it was scaring Liam at how committed Alex was to this idea.

"It will be the easiest money you will ever make," Alex said confidently as he tried to entice Liam into helping him.

Liam knew that he was in no financial state to turn down a substantial amount of money so quickly. But he was uncomfortable with the way the money was going to be earned.

"Why does it have to be me?" Liam asked out of genuine curiosity.

Alex could feel the stress and anxiety seeping out of Liam like a leaking faucet. It made Alex feel awful about putting Liam in this position, but Alex didn't think he could go back on what he had already told his parents.

He needed Liam's help in more ways than one, and Alex spoke with sincerity as he explained why it had to be Liam he pretended to date.

"Because it will be believable."

~~~~~~~~~~

* A few weeks ago

~~~~~~~~~~

Alex Holloway had been summoned to the principal's office once again because the 18 years old teenager was about to be 'disciplined'. He had rolled his eyes when this was blasted over the school's intercom system, and he bathed in the attention as he laughed along with all of his peers who were equally amused.

"What did you do now?" Owen snickered as he asked his best friend that walked past his desk.

"No idea." Alex lied.