53

I didn't actually think Lexa meant to show her right in that moment.

I mean, I thought she'd like want to wait even a day. But nope. She wanted us to prove right now, in case we were lying, she could kill us right then and there and then go and march into camp and kill everyone else. Fun.

So now we were walking back to the drop ship with dozens of grounders behind us, and then more walking around the commander.

Clarke told me how her mom was going to try and get to the drop ship in order to help Lincoln while her and I talked to Lexa. So hopefully she was there otherwise we were definitely in trouble.

Obviously they were very skeptical about her coming but she insisted she wanted to see it herself. 

So it took us a few hours but we finally arrived back at the drop ship.

My legs were hurting and my whole body felt so tired. In just under 48 hours, I was running back and forth. Not even. It feels like ever since we landed on this land, we haven't had a chance to just, be still. 

Mount Weather offered that, but I knew better than to get comfortable in a place I wasn't used to. And thank goodness for that because looked what it proved to me. Guess you really don't know anyone until you find out their true intentions.

It was a silent entrance passing the 'gates' we had once built. The remains of many were scattered all around the fresh grass. Vines, growing over their bodies.

If it weren't such a sad fate, it'd almost be beautiful how they looked.

"This way" I waved my hand as I walked into the drop ship and began climbing the ladder immediately without waiting for any of them. 

It took me a few seconds but when I finally reached the top, everyone in the room was blankly staring at the ground.

No.

Lincoln.

They were staring at Lincoln.

"Please" Octavia cried as she held onto the thin fabric that wrapped around Lincolns chest.

"What happened?" I asked Abby who sat on the ground defeatedly. 

"His heart stopped" She whispered to me.

Coincidentally, right at the same time that Clarke and Lexa were climbing the top of the stairs.

I wasn't even sure what to say or what to do.

Grounders were filling the room by the second. And they had all just heard Abby announce that he was gone.

Lexa looked around but specifically to Indra who was standing by the entrance of the floor.

I slowly looked over to Bell who was slowly reaching for his gun. Abby who was reaching for the baton. And in a split second, Lexa was talking, "Kill them all" 

Indra didn't even hesitate to let a scream out of anger before swinging her knife out in front of us.

In that same second, everyone pulled their weapons out. I had my sword straight in front of me, holding onto the handle for dear life in case they actually tried anything.

And then it hit me.

The baton.

"Wait wait! Let me try something!" I yelled out, placing my sword back into its home before raising my hands up in defense.

"Your time is up" Lexa said in just over a whisper.

"No no, trust me, one last thing" I begged before quickly grabbing the baton from Abby's hand.