Choosing

(Chapter drawings created by Tael)

Jadeis couldn't decide where she was going. She knew that she should choose to go back to the land where she was from, at least I can still have my Mermaid powers she thought. She still had some time to decide, but she didn't have forever. There was also her newly acquired house from her former client Mrs. Whitehall. Jade what's the matter? Asked the girls. I have to decide where I'm going after the summer is over. We have to go back to the land, but you don't have to. Said Aria. I know. Jade you won't be able to see us anymore if you stay though. Said Tael in a sad voice. That's why I have made my decision.

As much fun as we have been having I'm not staying here after the summer. I will be able to see you girls all the time no matter what. I've decided that I'm moving into Mrs. Whitehall's house that I received in her will. That's great Jadeis! Yelled the girls happily. Yeah I think it is, plus I will have my own beach and you two can spend some nights over on the weekends. Sounds like a great plan Jade. Yeah the only problem is that I have to leave Kai behind, and I really like him.

Midnight

Jadeis was mostly happy with her choice, but she knew Kai would be heartbroken. They had gotten together and became a pack. She didn't know if he would hate her for her decision, but she knew this decision was the right one. Kai can we talk. Sure Kai said with a grin. He thinks we are going to make out. Great. Thought Jadeis. Once Jadeis and Kai were alone he gently hugged her. What was that for? Jadeis teased in a flirtatious tone. Just because. Said Kai equally flirty. Sweetie I have to choose between my human self and Mermaid self. What does that mean love? Kai said in his perfect Irish accent. It means land or sea for forever, if I choose land I will still keep my Mer powers. Jadeis waited for a reply from Kai, but he floated there in the abyss saying nothing.

Morning

Jadeis and the girls woke up alone. Where are the boys? Asked Aria. I dunno said Jadeis. Julian wouldn't just leave without a goodbye! Said a frustrated Tael. Jadeis knew that Kai and his pack left because of her. It made her sick to think that she was the cause of it all.

Three weeks later

The girls had searched for the boys ever since that dreaded morning they woke up alone, but they were no where it seemed. I didn't even get a goodbye kiss from Raen! Cried Aria. Oh Ari I know how you feel. The girls decided to tan and not talk for a while. They were so upset that half their newly formed pack abandoned them.

That night

Girls we have two days left before we return to the land for good. What do you want to do? I want the Mermaid book so I can make a new wish. Said Aria. I think we should check the book out to see if there is anything new in it quipped Tael. Good ideas. Let's go get the book.

Jadeis grabbed the chest and pulled the book out. The girls looked at all the pictures of them in their happy Mermaid adventures. Look at us tanning on our rock! Said Aria. Look there we are swimming in the colors! Remember that? Said Tael. Yeah we  had some great times together. A new picture appeared and this picture was like pouring salt and lemon juice on a wound. It was the girls with the guys having fun and looking so happy. Oh said Jadeis. Yeah said Aria. The girls feelings were mutual on the boys. Sad and forgotten.

The words below this hurtful picture were

A Mermaid has no tears, and therefore she
suffers so much more.

Wow even this book knows how sad we are about the guys. Said Tael. Yeah murmured Jade and Aria together. Look it's writing more. Said Aria.

Life is like the ocean
Some days are calm
Others are rough
What matters is all the
Amazing things that
Make it come alive

Wow. That's beautiful. Said the girls in unison. More words appeared then

Though you renounce the sea
It is still a part of you and me
Neverending and free

The girls enjoyed the last two days of their Mermaid lives. They were now home with their family. Jadeis would see the girls soon and with that she moved into her new home in Oceanside.