Pack Mentality

It had been a week since the girls first stumbled upon the Mermen and they were very comfortable with each other. Jadeis and Kai were now officially an item as well as Aria and Raen. As for Tael and Julian they were close friends. The three girls decided to swim to the waterfalls where their sacred things were held. There on page three was a picture of both packs hanging out together. Under that picture more mysterious words that read:

                 I have sea foam in my veins,
                  I understand the language of
                                     waves

Hmmm I like that said Jadeis. Me too said Aria as she ran a hand over her hair. What does it mean though? Asked Tael. It means we are Mermaid and we understand the sea. Just then a new picture developed on page four. It was of the girls sitting on their rock with their long locks blowing in the breeze. We are so pretty! Stated Aria. Jadeis and Tael notice the new writing beneath.

           You are not a drop in the ocean,
          you are the entire ocean in a drop

Beautiful. The girls returned their things to the safe spot and decided to go back to the kelp patch where the boys anxiously awaited their return.

After a few blissful days the two eldest members of each pack decided it was time to vote. This vote would determine if they would become one larger pack or not. Jadeis sat with Aria and Teal while Kai sat with Raen and Julian. Ok girls let's vote. Each of the youngest mermaids and mermen were given a pearl for a yes vote and a black shell for a no vote.

Jadeis and Kai voted first. They placed their votes in a large shell. Aria and Raen voted next followed by Tael and Julian. Jadeis and Kai opened the large shell to see six pearls. One pack they now would be.