Part 3

After a few moments the roar of the crowd died down the king raised his arms and announced powerfully, "welcome guests! I am happy to see all of you here, and it brings me great honor to welcome you into the palace!" he shouted in his signature cheery voice. With that two of the brothers stood on the right hand side while the other two stood on the left side of the path ergarly welcoming each guest as the people filed into the palace in pairs. Once Archer and I got to the front of the group each of the four welcomed us into their gavalent abode, "thank you for coming," beamed the king. "have a good time," added the second brother. "Good evening,"uttered the third brother monotonously. "Don't break anything!" cheered the young prince with excitement. I gave a small chuckle at that and then continued walking through the large entrance.
After all of the guests filed into the colossal ballroom the princes strode through the entryway with two guards following behind to close and defend exit, after the doors were shut firmly the four siblings dispersed into the crowd and cheery music was played quietly. I grabbed a snack or two from a passing butler and walked around the room with Archer standing at my side with a fancy looking wine in his hand, "oh ho ho, i didn't know you drank Archer?" i commented. He gave a soft chuckle, "i don't drink much and only at parties, this is probably the only alcoholic beverage i'll have the entire night.." he muttered. I smiled with a nod before bumping directly into someone's chest, the small sparingly iced cupcake smudging onto their rather pricey looking outfit as I collided into them. I apologised profusely digging into my pocket and pulling out a napkin offering it to them shakily, when I peered upward to look at their face it was to my shock and utter horror to find that it was the second eldest of the royals. "O-oh my goodness, i-i-i am s-so sorry i wasn't looking where i was going a-and-" he cut me off with a soft shushing noise. "It's no trouble really, i'm just glad that it wasn't your friend's glass of wine. Wine is such a pain in the ass to clean out of cotton." he remarked with a smile. Taking the napkin I was offering him he silently wiped off the majority of icing and then beckoned for the two of us to follow him over to a less crowded corner of the room.