Part 4

"You know, the reason my great brother over there," he gestured toward were the king was standing and talking to some rich merchants, "threw this grand party was actually to find us some friends to live here in the palace seeing as we don't get many visitors and tom has been getting restless without any company." he elaborated. I nodded, "so how will you choose who will live here? It's not like you can do background checks on the spot to make sure no one is a spy or assassin.'' I chided, speaking surprisingly confidently. He let out a small giggle and said smiling, " you do have a point there but then again we can always kick anyone out, you're quite the smart one aren't you?" Archer nodded with agreement as the older brother spoke. Suddenly the prince made a small gasping sound, "good god i haven't even introduced myself! Well, better now than never, hello i'm william the second eldest of the royal family. May I ask your names?" he inquired after the swift self introduction. Archer spoke up first, sticking out a hand which the prince glady shook, "I'm Archer, my wings are like that of a sea bird." he said, reciting the usual greeting winged individuals. "Hello, my name is amilla, and my wings are similar to those of a song bird.'' I stated pleasantly. William nodded, "i shall speak with the king and hopefully i will be sending you a letter, what may your addresses be?" I pulled a piece of paper from my pocket and retrieved a pen from Archer then quickly jotted down our addresses. After handing the small piece of paper to William he stuffed it into his pocket, waved goodbye and walked over to the king.
After maybe an hour the king and four younger brothers took their places at the exit of the ball room and waved goodbye as all of the guests filled out of the gigantic room leaving it to be cleaned and reorganized by the servants. Once outside and in a less crowded area I stretched out my wings with a yawn, "catch me if i pass out mid flight.."i grumbled to Archer as he spread his gray and white wings. He nodded tiredly but we both took off almost in unison, taking a path that was hopefully similar to the way they came. We stopped at my house first, it was a small cozy tree house nestled in the welcoming branches of a large oak tree the rough thick branches easily holding the home. Once I was on the front porch Archer took off into the sky headed toward his parents lighthouse by the sea, I watched him fly until I couldn't tell what was him and what wasn't. The last thing I remembered was falling face first into my pillows.