What magic is this?

We charged down the street. The knights of Aqualonia were on horses. The lord and I were on a horse together too. I could feel no heat from the lord.

We had left the house right after our conversation. The lord said "she is highly dangerous for the towns safety we must kill her."

It was a very dim, cold day. There was dust everywhere from the horses thundering hooves, it was getting in my eyes. I sneezed. How do people ride on horses in armies? Why do we even need so many?

Could she really be that dangerous?

The horses halted to a stop. We were at Elizabeth's house. Butterflies arose in my stomach. The lord got off the horse and walked up to the house. He knocked loudly on the door.

No answer.

She always does this! Maybe she is sleeping like the first time I came to her house.

I got off the horse a pushed open the door. We walked in. No one was there. "Search the house," commanded the lord.

I looked around, everything was the same except... two of the swords were missing. Fear like a wave of ice cold water washed over me. My eyes wide I turned to the lord "You are in great danger, we need to get out of this house."

We ran out of the house so fast. I looked around she was no where to be seen. It was silent. Dead silent.

Suddenly one of the knights fell to the ground from his horse with a thud. The lord and I ran over to him. His throat was silt. Blood was gushing out of it, pouring onto the ground. I looked at the lord, he was transfixed on the blood.

"Elizabeth," I whispered.

That snapped him out of his trance. "Ok everyone make a circle around Grace and I. You in the house get out. Who knows what kinds of traps are in there," he commanded.

All the knights made a ring around the lord and I. I saw a flash of black in the corner of my eye. The knight on my left was cleanly cut in half. I gave the lord a worried look. I could see fear in his ruby eyes. She is a monster.

Suddenly behind us three knight lost their heads. The lord reached into his cape and drew a red a black sword with a bronze blade.

Right in front of me the giant leopard jumped out of the tree. It bit the knight in front of me's neck, crunching through his armor. Then it jumped over all of us. I screamed. The lord hissed. The leopard landed on the roof of Elizabeth house and started to eat the knight. I could hear the sickening crunch of bone and armor as it ate.

The lord made a disgusted sound then yelled "Shoot at her."

The knights went back to their horses and found their bows.

"Is that Elizabeth?" I whispered to the lord pointing to the leopard. He nodded grimly.

What kind of magic was this?

When I was little I had always believed in magic. I had pretended to be a fairy and would play fairies with all my friends. When I was older my mum told me that magic didn't exist. I had cried.

But she was wrong.

 The knights shot at her but the arrows broke as they hit her. She remained unharmed. She didn't even notice the arrows braking on her, she just kept eating the knight. She is shielded by some kind of magic.

"What is on the end of your arrows!?" yelled the lord.

"Iron," answered one of the knights.

"Useless," muttered the lord.

He walked over to the horse we had came on. He reached into the saddle bag and pulled out a bow and 5 bronze arrows.

He shot an arrow at Elizabeth. It landed in her tail. She growled in pain and jumped down from her house. She jumped around the back so we couldn't see her so...

We listened for her...Nothing.

Suddenly she jumped over the house and on to the lord. She pinned him and her claws were digging into his shoulders. Not that much blood was coming out. The arrow was still it her tail. It went right through. Blood was caked around it.

I stood there frozen in fear. I could not move. The closest knight punched Elizabeth back. I heard the crunch of bone breaking. Elizabeth didn't even notice. The knight staggered away clutching his hand. Another knight swung his sword at Elizabeth's back. It broke in half as soon as in touched her back. She turned her head and seemed to smile, if that was possible. She has to be a witch.

The lord was still holding his sword. He put it to her throat. She turned her head back to him and her eyes dropped down to the blade. She stiffed the air. Her puples widened. She jumped off the lord. Then ran into the bushes. The lord and I looked at eachother.

THIS WAS NOT OVER!!!!