Christmas

I was so scared, I didn't know what to do. But for my own safety I am not going to tell anyone. I am going to find out what Elizabeth purpose is here if she is doing something that might harm the town I will tell, even if she kills me.

 I did not see Elizabeth for for 4 months. It was Christmas. We had just had mass in the Church. The lord was holding a feast for the town.

John and Rose were playing with the town kids. They were chasing each other around the Church.

The lord's servants were getting tables out and putting then in an S shape. He had to seat the whole town.

In the air I could smell meat cooking. My mouth watered. My family did not get to eat any meat apart from fish because it is really expensive.

The tables and chairs were out so we all sat down. The servants began bringing out food. John reached for some bread. I slapped his hand. "We must not eat until the lord is here," I told him.

All the food was on the table. The smells were devine. John was drooling. Oh when is he going to get here?

Then in royal looking red and black clothes the lord approached.

The lord has always creeped me out. He has skin as pale as snow, eyes like blood red bottomless pits and hair like crows feathers. He has had 7 wives (that I know of) who have all died mysteriously so has all his children.

He sat down in a fancy padded black and red throne. He helped himself to some food and the rest of us started to eat. I took some chicken and some bread.

As I was eating I looking around. I spotted all my friends at the table. But no Elizabeth. I looked around she was nowhere to be seen. She must not know about this I shall tell her. With that I grabbed a fruit pie and left the table.

I walked down the empty street to Elizabeth's house. I knocked on the door.

No reply.

I pushed the door. It was open. "Elizabeth!" I yelled.

No answer. One of the swords on the wall was gone.

She must be out. I heard a small meow and a black kitten came out from under a table. I screamed and ran, back to the middle of town. As I was running I was thinking over and over again she is a witch.

I got to the table a little out of breathe. Should I tell anyone?

"Where did you go mother?" asked John.

"Oh nowhere," I told him.

I sat down and tried to calm my nerves. I had a big gulp of ale and let out a deep breath.

In the corner of my eye I saw Elizabeth. My heart rate quickened. She was in the leather outfit with a sheaved sword at her side. But the worse thing was she was glaring at the lord, from behind a corner of a house where he couldn't see her.

I had to stop her.

I got up and left the table. As I was walking towards her I picked up a big stick.

"What are you doing?" I asked her as I got there.

She turned around and smiled. The points of her cat teeth showing. This scared me but I stayed strong and showed no fear. "I'm going to kill him and there is nothing you can do, mortal," she whispered still smiling.

I swung the stick at her, she dodged easily. She reached for her sword but then punch me in the face. She was strong, very strong. My vision was dimming.

"Help!" I screamed. I saw her running away before the word went black.

I had saved him...this time.