Wrong side

When I came to, I was back in the chair tied up, again. Elizabeth was standing in front of me.

"It seems that you have a lot to learn about werecats," stated Elizabeth "When you said you were going to join the pride we thought you meant it. Grace those are the kinds of things one does not lie about. Didn't your parents tell you that. So Grace, you have the choice to join the pride or die now."

Of course I would choose to die then go against Aqualonia and the lord but there was one thing that held me back. What if Elizabeth was right and the lord had taken the throne from her? I could have been fighting on the wrong side all this time. He never told me why the werecats were attacking him so perhaps what they told me was the truth.

 "Why do you hate him so much? He is so sweet," I asked.

A sad smile creeped onto her face "He was like that when I first met him too," whispered Elizabeth as a single tear fell from her eye and hit the floor "he stole everything  from me! He gained my trust and love ... then stole everything. He seemed so lovely and charming at first but then he betrayed and turned on me. Grace, every beating heart has goodness within it, his does not beat."

"WHAT!" I yelled. Is he dead?

"Gods Grace you're so ignorant. He is a vampire," She explained.

"A...a vampire," I stuttered.

"Well I can not stay I am surprised, he loves keeping secrets," Elizabeth said, her voice thick with hate.

He had cold skin and red eyes. I should had picked it up earlier. Something told me that Elizabeth was telling the truth about everything...

...I had been fighting on the wrong side...

...for Aqualonia I will fight for the werecats!

"Elizabeth, I will fight for you and this time I mean it," I told her. She smiled and there was happiness in her face. That was something I had never seen on Elizabeth. She unsheaved the sword that was hanging by her side and used it to cut one of the ropes. The rest fell off me and I stood up.

Elizabeth told me "I've got a new plan now."

"Elizabeth," I said, she turned and looked at me "I have a few questions for you about werecats."

"Sure ask away," She told me.

"Why do you have cat teeth?" I asked.

"Very werecat has one thing about them that doesn't change when they are in human form. Mine is my teeth, Alice's is her tail that is why she is always wearing that big pink dress, Hayley's is her reflection, Heather's was her ears and I believe your's is your footprints," explained Elizabeth.

"Why are our pupals like a cats?" I asked.

"I don't know exactly why but I have two possible reasons, the first is when you become a werecat you can see better and the second is eyes are the window to the soul," Elizabeth explained.

"What is that black cat-shaped mark on your leg?" I asked.

"That is my mark of the werecat, yours is on the back of your neck, I think," explained Elizabeth, I rubbed the back of my neck.

"Any other questions about werecats?" asked Elizabeth.

"Not that I can think of right now," I told her.

She smiled and said "Now we start."

So what do you think of the lord now?