Pride

The lord and I ran, out of her house. He seemed to be hearing something. "What is it?" I asked.

"She is getting away," he answered before running. I ran after him but he was fast. I kept tripping on my dress. "Cut that dress!" he yelled. I stopped running and drew the bronze sword then bunched the dress up and sliced through it. It now hung at my knees. I started to run again. I went much faster then when when I had the dress at ankle length. I did feel a whole lot exposed with my legs showing. The lord was still a whole lot faster than me. We ran all the way across town. I was panting when we dot there. I didn't even look up until I caught my breath.

When I finally looked up I realized we were at the dock. "She is around here somewhere," the lord said then started looking around. I looked around too there were not traces of her, not even footprints. I listened for her too, all I could hear was, the wind rustling through the trees, the seagulls squawking, and the waves crashing against the dock. The sun had come out from behind a cloud. I could smell something burning. The lord looked up then said "Grace I'm going to go back to the manor, in-case Elizabeth sneaks off. You will stay here and I will send a guard to protect you. Oh and by the way she might be wanting to leave Aqualonia do not let her and guard the dock. Do not let any one on it unless you hear them talk. Elizabeth may be able to change her appearance but she will always have those cat teeth."

He ran into the forest but he could have just used the path. It would be much easier. I walked to the start of the dock and stood there. The lord was right Elizabeth was here I could feel her eye on me, I froze with fear.

I waited there for quite a while. Finally  the guard came. He stood next to me. He was in full armour with a quiver full of arrows on his back and a sheaved sword by his side. He crossed his arms and had a stern look on his face. I decided he did not want to talk. At least he didn't notice my bare legs.

We stood there for a very long time.The sun was going down. I could still feel Elizabeth's eyes on me. She was still there but why?

If she wanted to attack me she would have already have done it while I was alone. If she wanted to attack the lord she would have left. So why was she here?...

Maybe she was waiting for something? Just then a big ship came into the dock. It looked exotic, I think it was from Greece. Three woman stepped down from the ship, then it sailed away.

The one on the left had dead strait hair, eyes like fire and she looked Asian. She was wearing a huge orange dress.

The one in the middle had wavy orange-brown hair, deep emerald eyes and was wearing the most bizarre headpiece. It had orange-brown (the same colour as her hair) cat ears coming out of it. She was wearing a bright blue dress that had ribbons and bows all over it.

 The one on the right had beautiful curly blond hair that bounced around when she moved her head, royal purple eyes and skin as pale as a cloud. She was wearing a very cute pink dress. She reminded me of a doll

The three of them walked down the dock in silence. When they reached me they saw my legs and gave me a disapproving look. I blushed and asked "What are your names?"

"Heather," answered the one with the bizarre head piece.

"Alice," answered the blond one.

"Hayley," answered the fiery eyed one.

None of them sound like Elizabeth or had cat teeth and they were getting off the dock not getting on. Besides Elizabeth was still in the bushes.So I let them past.

The guard had remained silent. I looked up at him. He was trembling and I could see fear in his ruby eyes.

He is scared of them and if I had known what they were I would have been scared too.