Chapter 3

Frank POV:
Before we knew it the battle was over. The monsters were gone and so was the blessing of Mars. I felt weak and tired and the arrow in my arm certainly wasn't helping but we needed to go find Hazel and Leo and rescue Annabeth and Percy so I tried not to think about it.

I turned to Piper, Jason, and Nico walking over to them and pulling the arrow out of my arm. Piper was looking around with a frown.

"Where's Nadia?"

The rest of us looked around trying to find the redhead.

"Maybe she's on the other side of the rocks with Hazel and Leo?" Jason said, not sounding extremely confident.

I shook my head "I pushed them away, I would have seen if Nadia was with them."

"Even if she is dead" Nico started before flattering slightly at the glare Piper gave him, "IF, we would see a body plus I don't feel her soul in the underworld."

"Maybe she fell" Jason said looking at the pit but we all shook our heads.

"Nadia doesn't fall"

"Where could she be, she couldn't have just disappeared" Piper said looking around for any clues.

"It's like the ground swallowed her," Nico said.

Just then the ceiling started to shake and dust and pebbles fell on them.

"The doors" Nico said "Percy and Annabeth are in trouble"

"What about Nadia?" I asked.

"We'll come back for her, she could still be fine but if we don't go now Percy, Annabeth and probably Hazel and Leo will all die!"

"Nadia could be dying right now" Piper argued.

The ceiling shook again, "there's no time we have to go now!" Jason yelled, grabbing Piper's hand and running towards the wall of rocks, Frank and Nico on his tail.

They climbed through a hole in the wall getting to the tunnel on the other side just before the ceiling in the last room collapsed, possibly with Nadia still in it. My sister is gone.

~~~

Nadia POV:
We walked through the large halls of what I now knew to be a castle before stopping in front of two gargoyles.

"Acid pops," Dumbledore said to them.

The gargoyles moved to the side to reveal a spiral staircase going to somewhere I couldn't see. We walked up the stairs in silence until we got to a wooden door which Dumbledore easily pushed open.

The door opened to show a beautifully decorated office full of books, sparkling artifacts, paintings, and much more.

Dumbledore sat behind his desk and motioned for me to sit in the chair in front but I remained standing. I still didn't trust this guy or this place and it was easier to stop an attack while standing rather than sitting. That's also the same reason I have yet to put away my swords or let my guard down.

"Now" Dumbledore started, "why don't we start with your name."

I hesitated, I didn't want to tell him who I was, he could use it against me but I heard the same voice I heard earlier in my head "tell him." "My name is Nadia"

"Do you have a last name Nadia?"

"No"

"All right then tell me what Camp Half Blood means and why and who you were fighting"

For whatever reason I felt the tell him I heard wasn't just for my name. "Camp Half Blood is a camp for demigods, the children of a Greek god and a mortal, located on Long Island. Me and my friends were in Greece fighting some monsters in the House of Hades."

Dumbledore tilted his head curiously "Greek gods are a muggle myth"

"I don't know what muggles are but it's not a myth, it's just a closely kept secret."

"Muggles are non magic people and if Greek gods do exist who is your godly parent?"

"I'm a daughter of Ares the god of war and what do you mean by magic?"

Dumbledore brandished a long stick in his hand "this is a wand it allows wizards and witches to do magic. Of course if you're powerful enough you do not need a wand but most do."

"Why have we never heard of any of this?" I asked, raising my eyebrows at the not very impressive stick he claimed was a wand.

"The same reason we thought your people are myths, it's a closely guarded secret."

I nodded "that's fair, but I still don't know why I'm here."

"For that I do not have an answer"

"I think my father sent me here because he has spoken to me in my mind telling me to talk to you but I do not know what for or if there is another force involved in this as well."

"You said this camp is in Long Island but you have a British accent, why?"

"I was raised in an orphanage in London, a couple years ago I ran away to America after being attacked by the monster that gave me my scars."

"Do you know why you were chosen to come here over your friends?"

"No. Why do you?"

"How old were you when you went to America?"

"Ten, why?"

"Well Nadia I think you may be a witch"

I stared at him like he was crazy "what do you mean I might be a witch I'm not a witch I can't do magic!"

"Has anything strange ever happened around you when you're feeling any extreme emotions?"

Yes, that's why I act like a robot. "I suppose"

"You get your Hogwarts letter at age 11, you left before then and I'm not quite sure how Ilvermorny does it. You would have been a lot more confused coming here if you were a muggle because of the spells against them, you don't know who your mother is so you very well could be a half blood if not a muggle born, and out of all your friends you were chosen to come here. Of course we'll have to make sure but I'm almost certain that you Nadia are in fact a witch."

I sat down for the first time, my swords loose in my hands, stunned. "That still doesn't explain why I was sent here in the middle of a war. If my father wanted me to realize I was a witch he would have waited until we won or at least until the end of the battle I was in."

"I am still wondering about that as well," Dumbledore said, studying me carefully "I will look further into it but you are here now so we will need to get you a wand and a house and a dorm."

"What do you mean" I asked, "I have to get back to my friends"

"You were sent here for a reason, I have to believe you should be here longer than a couple hours."

I grumbled but agreed that there was a reason I was here.

"Stay here, I'm going to get some students to show you around. Once you have all your supplies we will sort you at dinner either tomorrow or the day after." Then he left before I could say another word.

Well, this is gonna be strange.

Written January 13 2021
Published January 29 2021