Chapter 15

Nadia POV:
         On Christmas Day I woke as normal in the room I shared with Hermione and Ginny. I know that normally people exchange presents on Christmas but they never gave us anything at the orphanage and I didn't know anyone well enough to get any while at Camp Half-Blood so I didn't expect anything.

         I was wrong.

         On the foot of my bed was a small pile of wrapped gifts. I looked at Hermione and Ginny in confusion.

         Neither of them seemed to notice as they started ripping open their own gifts, thanking the other girl for the presents they got each other.

         "Aren't you going to open yours Nadia?" Hermione asked, noticing me still on my bed frozen in confusion.

         "I didn't expect to get any presents to be honest" I replied

         "Well that's stupid, you didn't really think my Mum wouldn't get you anything did you?" Ginny cut in.

         I shrugged and pulled the first gift towards me. I opened it cautiously in case it was a weapon or bomb or something meant to kill me while Hermione and Ginny watched, clearly amused.

         It wasn't a bomb, it was a sweater. A comfortable looking black sweater with a red N on the front.

         "That's a Weasley sweater" Ginny explains "Mum makes them for all for us"

         "Put it on!" Hermione says showing off her own Weasley sweater which was purple with a yellow H.

         I shrug and throw the sweater over my tank top, it's surprisingly warm and comfortable.

         The other girls grin and motion for me to continue opening my presents while doing the same.

         I sent them a rare genuine smile back and opened the rest of the first gifts I'd ever gotten.

         From Hermione I got a homework planner, from Ron a bunch of strange unfamiliar sweets, from Harry a stitch, from Fred and George a bunch of pranking materials including something called a dungbomb and a couple of their own inventions, and from Ginny I got a sneakoscope, whatever that was.

         I felt a bit bad about not getting them anything but in my defense I didn't expect  them to get me anything either.

         After we opened our gifts me, Ginny, and Hermione made our way downstairs.

         "Morning everyone" Hermione greeted cheering fully.

         "Thanks for the sweater Ms. Weasley" I told the older redhead "sorry I didn't get you anything"

         "Oh of course Nadia I'm glad you like it, and you don't have to get me anything, don't worry about it" she replied, giving me a big hug I only partially returned.

         "Hey guys!" Fred and George greeted the room, the former pulling on my ponytail making me scowl.

         "Like your sweater Dia" George said pointing between my Weasley sweater and his which was green with a black G and Fred's which was yellow with a red F.

         I tried not to scowl at the familiar nickname and instead thanked them for the gifts promising to get them something soon.

         At this point Harry and Ron, both wearing their own maroon and gold Weasley sweaters, had arrived and everyone, all the Weasleys plus me, Hermione, Harry, and Sirius, were sitting down for breakfast.

          "After we eat Remus, Mad-eye, and Mundungus are going to escort us all to St. Mungos to visit Arthur all right?" Ms. Weasley said pilling so much food on each of our plates you couldn't even see them.

         A chorus of nods and all rights joined the table until they were interrupted by a screech owl flying through the window.

         Everyone watched as the owl landed in front of me, a note attached to the bird.

         Confused, I opened the note and read it, my eyes widening as I did so.

         "Who is it from?" Sirius asked

         "My father" I replied even more confused "he got me a present, he never gets me presents"

         "Well where is it?" Ron asks, looking around like it might just appear out of nowhere.

         "Living room" I say getting up, everyone else doing the same.

         We walk into the living room and, seeing it first, I gasp in surprise, laying by the fire completely relaxed is a real live dragon.

         The dragon is about the size of a small dog, still a baby. They have black shining scales and beautiful gold eyes.

         "Woah" the twins say as one

         "Is that a dragon?" Harry asks looking worried

         "Awesome" Ginny says

         I move forward and reach my hand out for the dragon to sniff, I don't know how to approach a dragon but that's how you approach a dog and I doubt it's overly  different.

         The dragon cautiously sniffs my hand and seeing me as trustworthy nudges me gently. I laugh softly and rub the dragons scales.

         "What are you going to name it?" Sirius asks stepping forward slightly

         "Name it, she can't keep it, it's a dragon!" Ms. Weasley says with a worried scowl.

         "Of course she's keeping it" Fred says

         "It's a gift from her father" George continues

         "To not keep it would be rude" Ginny finishes

         "I'm definitely keeping her and I think I'm gonna name her Electra, it means fiery sun in Greek" I say grinning up at the others

         Ms. Weasley looks like she wants to argue but instead she just sighs and goes back to the kitchen the others following close behind.

         Once alone I looked at the ceiling "thank you father, I love her"

A/N
Bit of a short chapter but if i combined the next one to this like i planed it would have been really long so the next chapter will probably be on the shorter side too. Hope your enjoying the story so far. ❤️

written March 11 2021
published May 9 2021