Chapter 5: Dinner with the boss and a new CEO approaching?

(Y/N's POV)

I was about done stacking the clothes in piles so Rachel can put these away with no problem later. When I got out of the room, I saw Rachel from a distance and was waling back here which means her break is done.

Rachel- Hey Y/N, I'm back and the boss wants to see you now.

Y/N- Alright, am I in trouble?

Rachel- No, just that he needed to tell some things but I don't know what it is.

Y/N- Ok, then I'll see you later Rachel.

Rachel- Hey Y/N.

Y/N- What's up?

Rachel- Do you want to exchange numbers so we can chat later on? If thats ok with you?

Y/N- Yeah sure! Maybe we can go for some coffee soon eh?

Rachel- Yeah, sounds good.

Then we exchanged phone numbers and waved each other bye then went to the offices. I am a bit nervous not gonna lie but like Rachel said I'm not in trouble. At least I hope thats the case. I made it inside and Lucas was sitting in his chair.

Lucas- Ah there you are Y/N. 

Y/N- You wanted to see me sir?

Lucas- Yes I do, I wanted to give you your first day report and let me tell in short details that you have in many ways exceeded many of the criteria checkmarks. So congratulations Mr.Y/N.

I checked all the boxes? Well, when you been working odd jobs since 15, you tend to get to the flow of any job and the tasks required to do, so that might be the case.

Y/N- Why I'm honored sir.

Lucas- I'm sure you are, welcome to the team for the remaining of the month Y/N. But I got another to share with you. I got a message from the CEO Darian himself that meant for your ears only.

Y/N- What's it say?

Lucas- That he would personally like to invite you to dinner tonight at The Carillon at 8pm. 

Y/N's mind- Dinner with the CEO?! Huh?!

Y/N- Wait really? Your joking right?

Lucas- And why would I joke about something like an invitation from the main alpha of this company? You should know about now, but I don't bullshit on anything Mr.Y/N and this message is 100 percent real.

Gah then he's serious after all then.

Y/N- Right, my bad boss I shouldn't have accused you of lying then. Im just....shocked about this news.

Lucas- No offense taken and I don't blame you for your reaction. Most people that I worked with whenever its participants or regular workers never even meet Darian but you were not only the first person to ever meet him face to face but also receive an invite to dinner with him that's not an executive or other CEO's. 

Then if this an opportunity to make an impression to him, I gotta buy some good dinner clothes.

Y/N- Oh crap! Then I gotta go buy some good clothes now,  I don't wanna go with these on and looking baggy in comparison.

Lucas- Well lucky for you Y/N, your shift is done for the day and I got something to give to you. 

He opened a drawer in his desk and pulled out a plastic card with my name in it and the Walmart logo in it.

Lucas- This is your official discount card, it works at all Walmarts around the nation so anyone you go to will work just the same.

Y/N- Oh cool, thanks Lucas. Well, wish me luck tonight, I gotta go and get ready.