𝟎.𝟓𝟗

REAL LIFE, EMILY'S POV

date: OCTOBER 1, 2020
location: VOGUE COVER SHOOT IN SEVEN SISTERS

"emily," i looked up and i saw harry in front of the camera. oh my god. 

"harry!" i smile. 

"wait, you know harry styles?" ethan says to me. 

"well, kinda. it's complicated," i say, with a little grin. harry started walking towards me after talking to a couple people. 

"hey," he said with a smile, just as he approached me. 

"hey," i looked up at him. he's a bit taller than me. the perfect height.

"so..." we both say at the exact same time, and then both start laughing. 

"so, it was you!" he smiled and shrugged in a 'i guess so' type of way. "you did a great job of hiding it. how did you do it?"

"lets just say i had to make a few calls and get some contracts signed," he said with a smile. oh fuck his smile is so perfect.

"wow. i just- wow!" 

"um, actually, i needed to talk to you about something that's been on my mind a lot lately. emily-"

"harry, they need you back in the wardrobe trailer for look number 2," a woman with a clipboard said to harry. "oh hey, i'm cheryl barklemann." she put out her hand, which i shook. 

"i'm emily mayfair. pleasure to meet you," i gave her a smile. she seemed sweet. 

"nice to meet you. harry, you're coming with me," she put her arm around him and started walking towards one of the trailers. harry looked back and smiled at me. 

"emily! i'll find you later!" he said, giving me a sweet smile. i gave him a thumbs up and smiled back at him. i took a deep breath in and out, and smiled at the thought of him. he just makes me so happy. even through 30 second long videos.

"he totally likes you." i almost jumped. i turned around and saw ethan standing there with his arms crossed, looking at harry. 

"what are you talking about? no way." i looked at harry as he entered a trailer. 

"babe. since i was 16, i've been trying to figure out how to tell if a boy likes you. this right here, this is a man. and he is in love with you."

"come on, there's no way. i refuse to believe it!"

"girl. you like him. get over it. he likes you too."

"okay fine, maybe i do like him. but he's famous. i'm competing with supermodels and hollywood actresses here!"

"oh sweetie. have you seen the way he looks at you? babygirl he likes you. a lot. and if i'm not wrong, he's probably going to make a move tonight." he nudged me in the arm and winked. 

"ethan!"

"what! listen, if you don't want him, i'll gladly take him. i mean look at him. he's hot as shit. and that jawline? ugh yes please!"

"this is why you're my favorite co-worker," i smiled at ethan, giving him a little wink. 

"so if he doesn't ask you out today, you better ask him. switch up those gender roles girl!"

"there's no way i'm asking him out on a date!"

"yes you are babe. you are a bad bitch. you are going to do this."

"fine. i'll consider it."

just kidding. i'm not even going to start considering it. i already have my answer.

if he doesn't ask me out by the end of the day, i'm asking him out instead.