𝟎.𝟔𝟗

REAL LIFE, THIRD PERSON POV

date: FEBRUARY 7, 2021
location: THE GRAMMYS

it's the night of the grammys, which is exciting in itself, but emily and harry had an additional reason to be excited for today. today is the day they conform their relationship. 

they decided to keep the past 4 months of their relationship relatively private, only telling close friends and family. they thought it would be easier to spend quality time together without the media having an input on your every move. 

but today, they're telling the public about their relationship in the biggest way possible. by emily attending the grammys as harry's date. truthfully, harry's massive detective fanbase already suspected that harry was dating someone. he's rumored to be seeing someone, and the rumors started around mid-january. but neither harry or emily have spoken on it. until tonight, that is. 

"what do you think?" emily turned around with a smile to see harry putting on his suit jacket. he stopped and looked emily up and down as she did a little twirl. 

"you look absolutely beautiful," he said to her softly, snaking his arms around her waist and giving her a light kiss on the lips. 

"thank you harry," emily said softly with a smile. she placed her arms around his shoulders as harry pulled her closer to him. "i'm just so nervous."

"don't be love," harry said reassuringly. "you're going to do fantastic. and you look absolutely stunning."

"imagine if i just trip on my dress and fall on the red carpet," emily laughed, her forehead falling forward onto harry's shoulder, burying her face in his neck. the two laughed, both excited and both nervous for the night ahead of them. "i just know you're going to win at least one grammy. if you don't, i'll be sending some very strongly worded emails!"

"i sure hope so, but i don't want to jinx it."

"i know you will harry. you have three nominations! there's no way you won't win at least one of them."

"i guess we'll find out! plus, even if i don't win, we still have the after party," harry said with a smile. 

"i'm so excited!"

"me too," harry said softly, planting a kiss on her lips. neither of them could wait.

***

"we're joined now by harry styles, who earlier opened the grammys with watermelon sugar and is up for 3 nominations, hi harry! how are you feeling?" the interviewer said as he stepped up on a platform. emily stood on the side, out of the frame, letting harry have his big moment. 

"hi! i'm feeling really good! really excited," harry said into the microphone, smiling at emily, who was giving him a thumbs-up off screen. 

"now harry, the internet has been blowing up and everyone on twitter wants to know, are the rumors true, is this beautiful lady right here your girlfriend?" the interviewer gestured off screen to where emily was standing. harry smiled at her for a moment, before answering the interviewer's question. 

"yes, she is! this is my girlfriend, emily mayfair!" harry waved at emily to join him up on the platform, and she stepped up, holding harry's hand to make sure she didn't trip on her dress on the way. "doesn't she look lovely?"

"hi!" emily said, very nervous but very happy. 

"hi emily! you look absolutely gorgeous," the interviewer gestured at emily's dress, and she did a mini-twirl with a smile. "now, how long have you two been together?"

"since the beginning of october, but we've known each other since a few months before that," harry placed his hand on emily's back, smiling at her. "i won't explain how exactly we met, but let's just say that instagram is a wonderful thing."

although emily wanted harry to have his moment and talk about his album and nominations, for the rest of the interview harry wanted to talk about emily and how happy he is with her. they had an amazing rest of the night, having lots of fun at the award ceremony and after party. harry ended up winning a grammy, and emily was almost jumping up and down with happiness. harry thanked emily in his speech, and all of twitter blew up. emily could not be more happy for harry, and harry could not be more happy with emily. 

2 years later, they ended up getting married, and are one of hollywood's favorite celebrity couples. sometimes emily can't even believe that she's really married to harry styles, and harry can't believe he met his soulmate through instagram. but this crazy situation that they found themselves in is reality, and neither of them could be happier. this crazy reality is their dream reality, and neither of them wanted to change a thing. 

fin.