Ten

It was late at night when we find Marshal Lee floating around the meadow. He was humming as he looked around for a snack or just something to catch his interest. The sounds of wolfs caught his attention, he looked around and saw a small pack of wolves on a hill, one awake as it bowled at the half moon.

His mouth tilted as he looked at them, "it's not even a full moon dingus" he said out loud as he looked away and continued floating.

"So long my friend, my foe, my love, my pain~ the road's calling out my name~" he sang as he traveled around.

That's when he noticed a familiar tree in the distance, his mood changed to one of slight sadness.

"Dang, it's been a minute since I've seen the girls" he said to himself as he looked at the house from a distance, noticing the lights were off majority of the treehouse, except for the one at the bottom.

He rose an eyebrow, "weird...I'm gonna check it out" he said as he made his way to the tree.

When he made his way to the tree, he looked through the window to actually not see anyone in the lit room. He rose an eyebrow at this, "did they really forget to turn off a light?" He asked out loud before sighing.

Marshall Lee than moved to the front of the tree house where the door was, "should still be here" he talked to himself as he peeled back a spot in the tree, "bingo" he said as the item he was looking for was still there, a key. He grabbed the key and put the bark where it was before he moved it. He used the key to unlock the door and made his way inside.

"Who knew humans can't take care of themselves" he commented as he looked around for a light switch of some kind. As he was looking for it his ears twitch as he started hearing some noise, he looked to see a door by the ladder.

He floated over to it and looked at it confused, "has this door always been here?"

He put his hand on the knob and opened the door, revealing a different set of ladders leading down. Wanting to know where it lead he floated down til he reached another door, he went to open it when his eyes caught a button from beside it.

"Must be the doorbell" he causally said as he pressed the button.

A screen popped from above the button, it turned on before it revealed a metal face looking at him. His eyes widen at the sudden new figure as it looked at him.

"What do you want Marshall?" A familiar voiced asked him through an intercom, it being muffled behind the mask.

Marshall Lee tilted his head as he looked at the screen, "(Y/n)?"

The figure moved the mask off their face to reveal the girl that he mentioned, but she had a look of annoyance on her face.

(Y/n) looked at him with a slight glare, "what do you want?" She asked him again.

"I saw the lights were still on so I came to check it out"

A 'really' expression took a place on her face before she sighed, not saying a word she turned the screen off. The door in front of him was soon opened by itself, as if telling the vampire to come in.

Shrugging, Marshall did just that. He opened it further and made his way inside the laboratory, him not being in there before looked around as he made his way to the girl.

(Y/n) had moved from her sit and was cleaning up around the area, seeing Marshall in casual clothing and not seeing a umbrella in his hand meant that the sun had gone down, who knew how long she had been in the lab.

She turned around as she heard Marshall Lee walking close, her arms crossed as she looked at him.

Marshall Lee rose an eyebrow at the way she was acting, "what gotten in your pants?"

The girl had to stop herself from rolling her eyes, "how did you get into the treehouse?"

"I used the spare key"

"What spare key?"

"The one in the tree bar- why are you acting like this?" Marshall Lee asked as he realized the girl was acting annoyed, almost like a stuck up prince he knew.

(Y/n) sighed as she moved her arms, "last time we spoke it wasn't a good one, I'm a little peeved about it still if you haven't tell" she said as she turned around and moved some stuff off her table.

"Ooooh, hehe peeved" Marshall Lee laughed slightly at the girl's choice of words.

A loud sigh came from the girl as she realized this conversation wasn't going to go anywhere, "can you just leave already? I gotta clean up" she asked as she looked at him from over her shoulder.

He held his hands up, "whoa hold that attitude horse down, no need to ride it"

"What are you talking about"

He rolled his eyes, "I mean you've been giving me sass since the night of the gig, what's up with that?" He added her as he lowered his arm.

(Y/n) released a deep sigh as she turned back to him, "look just forget it, it probably won't be a good idea if you knew" she said with a glare.

Marshall Lee looked at her confused, "good idea? What are you taaaaaalking oh because I insulted you about having stupid ideas" he said as he realized what was happening.

"He finally gets it!" (Y/n) exclaimed as she clapped her hands.

"(Y/n) you know I wasn't serious, it was just panic speaking"

She hummed as she nodded, wanting him to continue speaking.

"What did you expect would be my reaction when you just say blood and not explain?"

"You didn't really give me a chance too, you're the one who overreacted"

He looked at her with a blank expression, "I know you're the smart sister but you're really dumb if you think nobody would react like I did with that idea"

"If you're just gonna insult me more than just leave, I don't need this" (Y/n) said as she moved to walk passed him, planning on going to bed. A hand grasping her wrist made her stop walking. She turned and gave a look of annoyance was clearly seen on her face, "let me go Marshall Lee"

"You're worse than Gumball you know that? Not letting anyone apologize instead making the situation worse since your ego won't let you say you're wrong" he said to her as he released his grip on her.

The cat hatter girl glared daggers at him, "Gumball doesn't have a ego, it's you who has one" she said to him as she turned around, not looking back as she walked out of her lab, leaving a annoyed vampire standing in her lab as the lights turned off.

~To Be Continued?~