13

He walked out of the bathroom after his shower, only to smile seeing the cute chubby person sprawled on his bed, hugging his pillow. Kao had spent the night with him.

Pete settled on the bed with a content smile on his face, resting his hand on Kao's belly. He sighed and leaned down to kiss Kao's forehead. "Hey, sleepyhead" he whispered in the sleeping person's ear. "Wake up na... Kao! Kao! Hey..."

"Emph, go away!" Kao nudged him away, making him laugh.

"Hey" Pete laid on the bed, hugging his chubby kitten from behind and dropped feathery kisses on his neck, making him squirm around. "Wake up na, you didn't eat properly last night... come on, I'll make you a killer omelet, and we'll meet with the professor to discuss your leave. Come on now..."

"Hm... you said omelet?" Kao mumbled sleepily and tried to turn around but Pete held him tightly, softly kissing his nape. "Hm... with cheese?"

"Yeah, with cheese and bacon and hot chocolate" Pete chuckled and sat up. "Up with you now"

Kao whined as he sat up with difficulty, pouting, eyes still closed. "I don't like you"

Pete laughed and kissed the mole on his nose. "Yeah, lovely kitten, I love you too. Now get up. You'll be mad at me if we're late to see the professor"

Kao sighed, ruffling his hair as he looked up at Pete, yawning. "Angh, I wanna sleep more"

"After baby, after. You can sleep all you want" Pete pulled his hand to drag him out of the bed. "Come on"

"Aww... look at you being the responsible one... my mad bull is growing up..." Kao ended his teasing comment with yet another yawn. 

"Huh, don't I have to? We both need to grow up now" Pete sighed and caressed Kao's belly. "She's growing up so fast" he said softly and Kao smiled brightly.

"She is. She's gonna be one hell of a spoiled princess, isn't she?" Kao asked, giggling. "Just like you"

"Well, she'll have you to set her straight" Pete chuckled. Then he frowned. "And who did you just call a bull? You need a punishment" He pulled a shrieking Kao in his arms and started kissing and nibbling his ear. Kao giggled and tried to squirm out of his grip but failing. 

"Ey! Bull! Let go! Let go!" Kao shouted. "Ey, we're late!!" he giggled again when Pete let go of him. 

"Get ready" Pete kissed his cheek before walking out to make breakfast.

##

"Do you really need a leave?" Thada asked him. They were both sitting on a bench in a quiet corner of the ground, concealed by a tree behind them as Kao ate a sandwich. 

"Why? You think I should walk about the campus with my huge belly?" Kao asked grumpily.

"Geez, I just asked. No need to bite?" Thada raised his hands in the air. "Oi, tell me, are you this grumpy to your baby daddy too?" He joked and Kao looked down biting his lips while blushing. Thada huffed. "Wait. Don't answer that" he said and Kao giggled.

Thada eyes him. "Look at you. I told you didn't I? You should've had a talk with him sooner. He's a bit slow when it comes to this stuff but... anyone can see how smitten Pete is with you. You just wasted so much time crying over nothing. You're happy now. Together. Right?"

Kao smiled shyly and looked down, caressing his belly. "I... know that he loved me. He told me. But... I was not sure if he was... he's a bullhead, you know it. He was so immature and so..." he trailed off with a sigh. "I was scared. But..." He smiled. "Turns out, this little princess here, only changed him for better"