16

"Would you slow down?" Pete huffed and reached his hand to wipe Kao's mouth with a tender smile on his face. "Such a messy baby, how are you gonna teach our baby?" He showed fake annoyance but chuckled seeing his boyfriend pay him no attention. It was always like this and he was sure it would be always the same. Nothing could ever beat Kao's love for his food. And he doubted that love would lessen once the pregnancy was over.

Kao took his sweet time finishing his burger before finally sparing Pete a glance. "What?" he asked innocently. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

Pete closed his eyes with a sigh, managing a smile before looking at Kao. "Nothing. Just a bit paranoid. That's it" he sighed again and wrapped his arm around Kao's shoulder, pulling him closer. He put the other hand on Kao's belly. 

Kao clicked his tongue before extending his hand to caress Pete's chin. "I'm perfectly fine Pete! You know it. The doctor said it. Just... another month to go, then we'll have her in our arms" he giggled and patted his belly. "She's perfectly fine"

"Yeah, that. Is true. She's perfect" Pete put his hands on top of Kao's both patting his huge belly as Pete dropped kisses on his boyfriend's hair who giggled. They sat there for a long time, both quiet and lost in their own world. That was till Pete's phone rang loudly, waking them up from their beautiful trance.

"Damn it!" Pete cursed under his breath and got smacked by Kao. He sighed and checked the phone. "What does Mork want with me?"

Kao pouted and pulled his own phone out. "Maybe he couldn't get me? Oh, it's turned off" he giggled. 

"See how careless you are? And you ask me not to worry" Pete huffed and stood up from the bench. "You want something else?"

"Water" Kao pouted as he pulled out a bar of chocolate from his sling bag. "Lots of" 

Pete nodded and picked the call. "You ruined my moment with my family!" he huffed on the phone. But turning to find Kao wrestling with the sweet wrapper, a smile bloomed on his face.

....

"You what? Why-"

....

"Yeah, still at the hospital but wh-" he stopped saying whatever he wanted to say when he heard what was said on the other line.

"What the-" he turned to eye an oblivious Kao before walking away a few steps. "What in fucking hell is that kid doing at our place?" he hissed.

....

"No I don't want to hear- what?" he blinked. But before he could say or process what Mork said on the other line, he was startled by a loud screech of a car. He hurried to turn around, horrified at the sight in front of him. An out-of-control car swerving at a fast pace towards the bench Kao sat on, as always, totally oblivious to his surrounding. 

Pete went numb, all his senses leaving him as he stood rooted to his place, only barely managing to snap himself out of it before he ran.

"KAO!"

>>SCREEECHHH

"NO!!!!"

.
.

"Aww you all wait! I'll teach Pete's kid to call him an asshole!" June was as always, shouting excitedly. Thada and Sandee shook their heads.

"Ai'Asshole!" Sandee smacked June's arm. "Its Kao's child too! He'll roast you!"

"Oh, I didn't think of that!" June exclaimed and got smacked again, holding his arm as he whined.

Thada just scoffed as he walked beside them with his hands in his pant pockets.