3

"What happened Mint?"

Mint looked up at him with a sigh. "Em... Kao. Is Pete okay with us both hanging out?"

Kao frowned. "Oh, about just now? We really were studying" he grinned. "He and I aren't that close otherwise"

Mint shook her head impatiently. "Y-yeah... but see he's Pete, he must... he must've been angry, lashed out at you for getting too close to me or you know... something like that, didn't he?"

Kao narrowed his eyes. He sighed. "Mint... he's not getting back with you. He said it to you. He said it to me and the guys... so many times" he said softly. "Look, it's not wrong that you have feelings for him but... he doesn't"

"But he should be mad!" She snapped. "He was mad right? He was jealous! Tell me"

Kao was taken aback by her frantic attitude. Then he remembered Pete's attitude till that day in the corridor. For some reason his heart felt heavy. And then the next thing Mint said knocked all the air out of him.

"Don't tell me he knows you're a fag!"

He slowly looked up at her. "Excuse me?"

Mint huffed in frustration. "I know you haven't told any of them. Huh, I'd like seeing you try tell them. Pete won't be friends with someone like you in a million year if he knew!"

Kao blinked. Too shocked at her words.

"I know he fought with you because of me,didn't he? That's why you haven't been hanging out with me, he doesn't want you to. Right? Right?" She asked him excitedly and he stepped back, suddenly feeling scared of her. "Tell me!"

"Em...yeah but that was not-"

"I knew since the first day I came here to see him" Mint laughed happily. "He was so jealous seeing me with you! He always snaps when I come for you! It makes me so damn happy!"

Then she received a message on her phone while Kao was quietly staring at her. "You know... I won't tell them your secret but you have to kept your damn mouth shut!" She said in a threatening tone.

"What-" was all Kao could say before his mouth was captured by her lips and he just froze. 

Confused, shocked, hurt, it took him a moment to realize she had just kissed him. And before he could react, he was being pulled and shoved away roughly. His back hit the concrete wall hard.

"HOW DARE YOU?! HOW. DARE. YOU?!"

Kao didn't have to see to know who that enraged voice belonged to. 

"P-Pete... He... Don't be mad at him! Why can't we kiss? We like each other"

Kao looked up for the first time with a look of shock and betrayal to find the girl who encouraged him and cheered him on for his sexuality, whose support gave him the courage to come out to Thada and then the rest of them, she was standing in fro...

Kao looked up for the first time with a look of shock and betrayal to find the girl who encouraged him and cheered him on for his sexuality, whose support gave him the courage to come out to Thada and then the rest of them, she was standing in front of him with her back towards him but he didn't have to see her face to tell she was shedding tears while lying through her teeth.