First encounters?

POV: Xiao Qing Yuan

The sounds of rustling annoyed me, as I knew he was doing this on purpose. Heck, this is the DEMON KING that we are talking about here, why is he being so loud while he is stalking me!!! More importantly, why is he preying on a (handsome :) lone wandering cultivator. My white boots picked up dirt as I spun around, light blue robes elegantly flowed around me as I turned to face the sound that was bothering me earlier. My long black hair elegantly fluttered in the slight wind blowing from the west, eyes squinted, attempting to get a better look. Scanning my surroundings, I came across a pair of shrubs, a black head of hair poking out from a bush. I let out a small smile, but quickly gathered myself as I called out bravely "Who is it that is following me?"

Of course I already know the answer to this question, but I needed a conversation starter?

A slightly tanned handsome face popped out, seeing that he got caught, sighed then stood up. His tall figure was clad in black robes, and you could tell how muscular and chiseled he was through his clothes. He raised a hand and declared, "It was I that was following you, young master."

Young master? THE demon king calling me young master. Why was he being so formal? Well this was awkward.

He started to walk towards me, startling me awake from the confusion.

"I have been watching you" said the demon king.

"I know that you have been watching me Wang Lei Jun."

...

Well, you might be wondering how I know the demon kings name. It's more of a coincidence, maybe more of like an accident. Let me tell you what happened.

So, a few days ago, I was taking a stroll, I tripped and fell (that rock was moving I swear).I was on the brink of not getting back up again until I saw something in my peripheral vision, I turned and saw a scraggled, heavily injured man. He was swaying as he walked, his figure threatening to fall to the ground. And he finally fell because of that damned rock (screw you rock!!). Luckily (more like unluckily) I got up just in time to catch him.

Those dark eyes stared into mine. I stared back, his handsome features making my stomach feel all fluttery. Hmm, maybe it was that weird looking fruit that I ate for a snack earlier.

I decided to ask, "Are you ok?"

"Yes" he grunted.

I tried to move him so that he would be standing, but he let out a yelp. Startled, I looked him over, until I found some dark glistening liquid on the front of his robes.

"You are wounded!" I called out the obvious. He gave a small nod of agreement.

I got him to a small nearby shed and laid him down.

I sent him a warm strand of spiritual energy but he grabbed my hand. "There is no need for you to waste your energy on me" said the stranger "The wounds will heal in just a few hours"

?What?

With wounds like those any man would take months to recover. He was definitely not ordinary.

"Would you stay by my side until I wake up?"He asked.

I agreed and sat down.

The strange man seemed to be unconscious so I considered my options. Should I stay with this strange man, or should I leave? Well, come on, you gotta be a good person, and he requested of you to stay with him. Ugh, fine, I will.

I decided to meditate.

...

After a nice nap, I mean meditation, I opened my eyes to see the man laying in my direction, head propped on a hand.

Huh? He is alive and well? Looking at his complexion and his breaths, it all seemed to be normal and healthy. He gave slight a smirk when he noticed my eyes fix on his chest, the blood stains still coloring his dark robes maroon.

I quickly blurted out, "Are you feeling well?"

He replied with a chuckle, "Yes I am well and healthy."

Hmm...

"Who are you, what is your name?" I asked.

He hesitated before saying, "I am Wang Lei Jun, the demon king."

"Well that explains a lot." I accidentally blurted out, it would explain the battle wounds and his fast healing.

He asked cautiously, "You are not afraid?"

Then reality started to sink in. Oh shit, I was talking to THE DEMON KING, notorious in the cultivation world for being so powerful and strong!

I decided to play it cool and responded with a curt, "Why should I be? I helped you, should you not be thankful?"

He cracked a small smile and asked in return, "What about you, what is your name?"

"Xiao Qing Yuan"

We stared at each other for a bit, the golden sunlight from the day coming to an end shining through the cracks of the rickety shed.

"Well, if you are feeling well, I better get going" I said.

The demon king gave a small frown and said, "I guess it is time for young master to go now."

I nodded.

Wait a second, young master? Oh well, the demon king can call me what ever, after all, he is Wang Lei Jun, the king of all demons.

I bid farewell as I stepped
over the threshold of the shed, looking out to meet the setting sun, my eyes setting across that damn rock.

I gave it a kick, but soon let out a tear of pain, because it stubbed my toe. Let's have a moment of silence pls.

Limping while walking on the dirt road, all of the thoughts hit me at once. WTF!!

What just happened!!!

...

I finally made it back to where I was staying, and jumped onto my bed. Ow.

I woke up refreshed the next morning, and decided to go to the market to buy some supplies for my next journey.

I bought what I needed and made my way back.

What is this?

I could feel someone's presence, I quickly turned to look and saw a figure clad in black quickly retreat. I decided to ignore it.

Everywhere I went I felt a certain someone's eyes on me. During night hunts, when I was traveling, when I was practicing my martial arts, even when I was bathing!!! He was like a young maiden following her crush but I always decided to ignore it, it was best not to get involved with a demon king anyway.