Moving In

A week later, Addison is already back from her home in New York, boxes of her belongings rattling around in the back of her car rental. She makes a note that she needs to buy her own car soon. She pulls up to Meredith's driveway. It's a nice house, big, lots of windows. She notices the big window that looks into the living room area and sees Meredith running around, frantically picking stuff off the ground while George and Izzie sit on the couch.

She smiles excitedly, unbuckling her seatbelt and walking up to the door and knocks. Meredith is there in an instant with her shining blue eyes and warm smile.

"Hi! Welcome!"

Addison chuckles. "Hi. I'm a bit early, I can come back later though, if you--"

"No, it's fine," Meredith assures her. She turns her head to the living room. "George, Izzie, come help us bring in the boxes."

Addison is pretty sure she hears George mumbling something to Izzie, but Izzie seems unfazed as she hops off the couch and smiles at Addison.

"Hi, Dr. Shepherd."

Addison waves her off. "You can just call me Addison."

Izzie nods and agrees before heading down to Addison's car.

George appears behind Meredith. "Hello."

Addison offers him a handshake and he accepts. "Hello, George. I've heard great things about you."

George looks at Meredith skeptically.

"I've heard good things about you too. Need any more help with the boxes?"

Addison nods. "Sure, if you don't mind."

George gives her a smile and joins Izzie, who is trying to pick up two of the biggest boxes at once.

Meredith smiles. "That went great."

"You think so?"

Meredith chuckles and gives Addison a push, leading her out to the car to help the other interns.

---

"This is your room," Meredith announces as she pushes the door open.

Izzie and George are the first inside, placing the boxes on the floor next to the wall. Addison puts down the suitcase she was carrying with a thud, looking around the room. It's small, the bed is on a metal frame, pushed against the wall. There is a nightstand next to it, a chair on the other side, and curtains draped over the wide window. It's smaller than Addison is used to, but she's grateful she has a place to stay while searching for her own house.

"It's not fully furnished yet, but I cleaned it and you can put your things in here and make it your own," Meredith looks at her.

"Thank you," Addison says. "I can't express how grateful I am."

Meredith smiles. "It's no problem, I--"

A series of pagers go off and the interns share a look at each other.

"I'm so sorry, we got paged. I'll see you later?" Meredith raises her brows.

Addison nods. "Of course, thank you all for helping. I'll see you later."

George and Izzie run out first, the Meredith trails behind them before turning back to give Addison a quick kiss. She grins and runs back out to her room to get ready.

Addison stands in shock for what felt like a year until she hears a car pull out the driveway. She turns around and flops face down onto her bed, overwhelmed (the good kind).