A/N: Timeline

The timeline is hard to follow, so here is what I have written down. If you don't really care about it, feel free to skip this chapter! But I know some people prefer to have an idea of the timeline as they read the story :)

-Meredith and Derek dated a month after she started the internship (This story starts in March 2008, so this would be April '08)
-Addison met Meredith during Meredith's 7th month as an intern (Oct '08)
-Addison stayed in Seattle for one week for the TTTS case, but decides to stay.
-Ferry boat crash/ Meredith's drowning happened the week after that (7.5 months, mid-Oct '08).
-A couple days after the drowning, Meredith is still in the hospital. She and Addison start dating from there and Addison moves in with Meredith one week after she is released from the hospital (8 months interning)
-When Addison and Bailey talk after Bailey sent Meredith home from work, it is 9 months into Meredith's internship, 2 months dating (Dec '08)
-Late January '09, Addison and Meredith have their candlelit dinner. This would be about 3 months of them dating
-Meredith is finishing her 11th month of the internship, she has been dating Addison for 3 months. This is when they tell Derek about their relationship (February)
-This chapter (the one you're about to read) is March '09. So it's been a year of the internship, Addison and Meredith has been dating for 4-ish months.

sorry for the confusing timeline, if it's any consolation, i'm just as lost as you are.