6 - conflict

A/N  I just wanted to apologize that I didn't update, I'm sorry but here you go.

The next morning you met Hana right in front of the school gates. She greeted you with her usual cheerful smile and pulled you in a hug before the two of you continued walking together towards school, chatting casually.

As soon as you entered the school building you remembered that you totally forgot to tell Hana the big news yesterday. You threw your best friend a side glance. She was in such a good mood, which made you instantly a bit hesitant to tell her. You didn't want to upset her by reminding her of the conflict with Hoseok yesterday. By the way, you still didn't know how the conversation between the two of them had ended.

So while you were still thinking about telling Hana or waiting until later, she already detected that something was wrong. "You look like you have something to say." She stopped walking and looked at you with a questioning look on her face.

With a sigh, you decided to get directly to the point. "We can't have our girls night this weekend."

"What, why?" Your best friend looked a little sad. "Are you standing me up?" She continued asking with a sulking face.

"No." A small laugh escaped your mouth as you saw the cute face expression Hana was pulling. "We have a party to attend. You know, the one you didn't want to go to."

"What?" She looked even more confused now.

"Because.." You said, wiggling your eyebrows. "I got invited too!"

Hanas mouth was forming an o shape by now. "What? By whom?" She furrowed her eyebrows.

"Namjoon." You gave your best friend a meaningful look and quickly explained what had happened yesterday.

Hanas face dropped. "No way!" She screamed, which caused a few passing students to turn their head at you. "Okay, now we have to go." She grinned. "I can't believe that the day has actually come where you want to attend a party, voluntarily!" Hana looked way more happy and impressed than you'd ever imagined.

She then started to question you about what had happened between Namjoon and you yesterday and demanded you to spill all details. Which you gladly did, even though there was not much to spill, this time.

"Namjoon got you pretty hooked, hm?" Hana was still giving you that wide significant grin of hers. You just shrugged and rolled your eyes, trying to play it cool. But then your best friend suddenly put on a serious face. "Y/N, I now have to say something you might not wanna hear, but as your best friend I have to."

Your smile dropped as you slowly nodded, waiting for her to continue.

"You know that there is nothing serious going on between Namjoon and you? You are not in any kind of relationship, right?" There was a dramatic pause but Hana didn't wait for an answer and just continued. "You are more like a fun distraction to him. I know this might sound harsh but I have to remind you to not get too attached to him." She raised an eyebrow, giving you a sharp glance. "I mean, not that I'm grudging. I'm actually happy for you and that you are finally able to enjoy yourself a little more." She gave you a short wink. "But, I have to remind you, that he could drop you any time, like literally. And I really don't want to see you heartbroken because of some kind of stupid idiot who just sees you as a fun distraction." Hana ended her monolog and gave you a small but assuring smile.

You had to swallow down the lump that suddenly had appeared in your throat. "I know that, Hana." You gave your friend an appreciating smile which was more forced than honest. "Thanks for your concern, but I know exactly that I'm no one special to him, neither are we anything close to a real relationship." A sad smile formed on your lips as you finally spoke out loud what had been on your mind for quite a while now.