7 - be yourself

A/N After 6 months I'm back with an update!!

"You would look so hot in that dress!" Hana held up the piece of clothing to show it to you.

You sighed. "Hana, I'm not wearing a dress.. You remember the bruises on my knees?" You crossed your arms over your chest. "I'm not gonna walk around, show them off to everyone and let that Ah-Mi girl get the satisfaction she wants from that."

"Oh, so instead you gonna cover them up, hide them and surrender without a fight?" Hana frowned with an raised eyebrow. "Don't you think that will even satisfy her more?"

"Wait, no that's not what I meant–" You started but then interrupted yourself midsentence as your eyes shot open wide. "A fight?!"

Your best friend started to laugh.

"Hana, I'm serious! I'm not gonna fight anyone." You said with an alarming tone in your voice.

"Calm down, Y/N. I'm just messing with you." Hana put a sympathetic hand on your shoulder, still slightly giggling.

"No, Hana. I–"

Hana didn't let you finish the sentence. "Just try on the dress." And pushed you into the next changing booth.

It was Friday afternoon, and despite everything that had happened this week so far, Hana still dragged you to the shopping mall to get new outfits for Saturdays party, right after school ended today.

While Hana decided pretty quickly on an outfit for herself, a bodycon dress with a bardot neckline in a deep red color, she would not really agree on the outfit you picked. Your choice was a cute glittery black crop top and ripped black skinny jeans, which, according to Hana, "looked good on you, but was just not it".

Since that statement, Hana forced you to try on one dress after another, never being satisfied with their look on you.

As you stepped out of the changing booth in front of a mirror, you found yourself wearing a lace bodycon dress in an emerald green color. It had lace detailing all over, a frill hem, and a plunging neckline.

As you turned around you found Hana looking at you with pure bliss. "It looks–"

"Horrible!" You interrupted her with a disgusted look on your face. "I hate everything about it, starting with the color, and don't even get me started about that neckline.." You huffed angrily and disappeared into the changing booth again.

After a bit more arguing, and at least five more outfit changes, Hana finally stopped putting you into more dresses and you settled on a compromise. She let you wear that glittery black crop top and you agreed on changing the ripped black skinny jeans into a high-waisted black and white check pleated skirt.

***

It was the night of the party.
When Hana arrived at your place, to pick you up for the party, you were not even nearly ready to go. You didn't really know what the problem was but everything started to go wrong the moment you put on the outfit you extra bought for this evening.

Checking your reflection in the mirror you were still pretty confident but as soon as it came to picking matching shoes you faced your first obstacle of the evening. You changed them three to four times before you gave up and decided to skip on that for now and do your hair first. You tied it up, tried to put it into a ponytail, a bun, and even styled it in simple waves but nothing seemed to work. So you decided to do your makeup first.

It was a disaster.

"Oh god, what happened to you?" Hana exclaimed with a quite confusing expression on her face as you opened the door to her.