chapter 21

◉✧◉

◉✧◉

"Did you get home safe, love?"

The dark-haired boy asked; concern infused with gentleness laced Jungkook's voice on the other line.

"Yes, I did, love," Seoyeon replied, imitating Jungkook's voice at the endearing nickname, making the boy smile shyly. "I miss you already." Jungkook pouted sadly, fidgeting with the edge of his shirt before running a hand through his hair. Seoyeon laughed before saying the same.

"Why didn't you stayy?" Jungkook whined grumpily as he turned to his side and laid on his tummy on the bed. "Baby, you were going to wake up in 3 hours anyway; you needed that sleep."

"But still...!" He dragged on childishly, shrugging away the bangs over his eyes. How badly Seoyeon wanted to just hug this big baby tightly right now and shower him with kisses.

"If you're free, you can come here, later," Seoyeon offered, after much reluctance, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

Jungkook's beautiful doe eyes lit up in pure joy, making Seoyeon's tummy flutter.

"Really?"

"Yeah, of course!"

Jungkook grinned widely at her enthusiastic response and replies, "Okay, I'll see you, then." Seoyeon mirrored his grin and pipes, "See you."

Once Seoyeon ended their nearly-two-hour call, she sighed, running her hands through her hair and then gripping it tightly as she groaned frustratedly, "Shit."

Seoyeon was playing with fire and she knew she's going to get burnt at one point or another.

◉✧◉

A soft knock at the door disturbed Seoyeon's long train of thoughts as she stood up from the sofa and ambled towards the door; her heart thudding rapidly against her chest.

Along with a few deep breaths and mumbles of reassurance, Seoyeon unlocked the front door with a small smile.

"Hi-"

The dark-haired boy cut her off by crashing his lips against hers, snaking his arms around her waist and lifting her into the air; Seoyeon's stomach jumped as she subconsciously locked her arms around his neck. She pulled away for just a moment to let out her shriek as she shut her eyes tightly in pure fright while tightly clinging onto the boy, "Kookie!" Jungkook laughed, still swirling her around with a strong grip at her hips.

After a good moment, he gently lowered her to the ground and attached his lips again, lightly caressing her cheek; instantly relaxing Seoyeon.

Pulling away and nuzzling his nose against hers, Jungkook greeted in his melodic voice, "Hi." As he took in her still astonished state, the boy laughed, softly kissing her flushed cheeks.