chapter 20

◉✧◉

◉✧◉

•LATER THAT NIGHT•

The night was a special kind of blackness, the kind that wants only to hold the stars and help them to shine all the brighter. It was a warm black that hugged Seoyeon no matter what, and within it's safety she could feel her soul all the more clearly, that innocent inborn spark.

Seoyeon was cozily tucked into bed as she began to dream of today's events with a smile tugging at her lips. Just as she sunk into her fluffed bed and slowly shut her eyes, her phone's ringtone blasted loudly. Seoyeon whined tiredly and shook her head; expecting the phone to stop.

But, unfortunately, it didn't.

So, with a groan, Seoyeon picked her phone and pressed the vibrant green button.

"Hello?" She mumbled incoherently, followed by a yawn. The person on the other line grinned at her sleepy voice, "Hey, baby."

Hold tf up, did I hear that right? Seoyeon thought, choking on her muffled scream. She cleared her throat and goes,

"Jungkook-ah?" She didn't think twice about his voice; to which said boy hummed in confirmation.

"What are you doing up so late?" She groaned, turning onto her side.

"Did I mention how beautiful you looked today?" Jungkook complimented out of the blue, with a tug at his lower lip.

"Jungkook, it's 12:45 in the night. What are you trying to do?" Seoyeon snapped.

The boy was left agape and then utters, "Wow, can't a boyfriend compliment his girlfriend?" Seoyeon tried to hide her chuckle at his whine, "Yes, he can. But mine usually wants something."

There was a pin-drop silence on the other side.

Inhaling sharply, he confessed, "Fine, you caught me." Seoyeon hummed, knowing him all too well.

"Can you get some food to the studio? I need some motivation."

The question which Seoyeon hoped wouldn't escape her mouth, did, "What kind of motivation?"

"That's for me to know and you to find out," Jungkook breathed while Seoyeon was internally fighting on how to not laugh at her next comment, "Wait, if I do, will I get a million bucks or-?"

"Don't go overboard, Seoyeon."

"Yeah, I probably shouldn't."

Jungkook released the hearty laugh, clogged in his throat.

"Okay, then, I'll see you," Seoyeon murmured; the smile never leaving her lips.

"With food, yes," Jungkook reminded playfully, to which the girl replied with a sigh.