chapter 27

◉✧◉

◉✧◉

Jungkook heaved a great sigh as he pondered wildly; his hand folded to cradle his face up as he stared at the members staring back at him. "Do you need an invitation to start?" Yoongi deadpanned, raising an eyebrow.

Jungkook's gaze shot towards Yoongi; a silent glare. Nevertheless, Jungkook cleared his throat and began to tell the tale.

"So..."

◉✧◉

"...And that's when she just called up to say we should stop seeing each other," Jungkook concluded with an exhausted exhale; standing at ease after his final pace around.

"Damn." Taehyung commented, a frown twisted his lips; Hoseok following suit right after, "I know, right?"

Namjoon cast a glance towards Yoongi who seemed to be having a pondering moment of his own.

Yoongi parted his lips, choosing his words carefully, before asking, "Did she at least tell you why?

"No." The youngest disagreed, fiddling with the edge of his sleeve, "That's why I'm racking my brains to find out what could it possibly be." This time Hoseok decided to voice out his opinion for the issue, "That's weird. But do you know or remember if you've done anything to upset her?"

"No... I mean I've asked her a lot of times but she keeps saying its nothing..." Jungkook trailed off, tears welling in his eyes as he zoned out, staring at the floor.

"Man..." Taehyung quietly groaned in the corner. "See, you guys, its probably something going on back home and maybe it had a bad effect on her and she just vented all that emotion on you, Kook. For all we know, this could be just an impulsive action. I think we should just give her some space for the time being. And besides, we don't have the time to worry about such things now; given that we only have another three hours till our next show." Namjoon took his time to voice his thoughts and opinions.

Jungkook immediately shifted his gaze towards his elder, almost snapping at him, "...Hyung, how can you say something like that? Wouldn't you want to find out what's wrong? It almost seems as if you're more worried about tonight's show than what's happening right now."

"Of course, I'm worried, Kook-ah. It wouldn't make sense if I wasn't. But I am worried about Seoyeon and our show. I just said what I said because I know how Seoyeon is for a longer time than you have."

Yoongi stepped in, declaring, "I have to agree with Namjoon-ah, Kook. Don't get us wrong; of course we care about you and don't want you to have a hard time but time is of the essence and we have to rush for the show. And just like Namjoon said - it's probably because of something going on at home. We can't guarantee that she might text you but its best if you let her take her own time.  About finding out what's wrong - of course we want to but it wouldn't be right for us to intervene in an issue that is between you and Seoyeon."