chapter 11

◉✧◉

◉✧◉

Seoyeon woke up by the sun abruptly slapping her face and someone's quivering voice, mumbling, "I-It's still too early." It could be none other than her brother, Suho. "Yah! Keep it low, will you? It's a Saturday!" Seoyeon yelled exasperatedly. He still doesn't budge. So she sat upright, slipped her feet into her slippers and headed towards his bedroom.

Seoyeon peeked her head into his room only to see a terrible sight.

His eyes were tightly shut, hands balled tightly into fists that his knuckles are white, with the blanket clutched in between his fingers. And beads of sweat rolling down his angelic face. His breathing; unhealthily heavy.

Seoyeon immediately ran toward him, sat on the side of his bed and gently but frantically shook his shoulders. "Suho. Hey, baby bro?" She called out softly, noticing the panic slightly evident in her voice. He instantly shoots open his eyes, "Are you okay?" Seoyeon asked. He shook his head, wrapping his thin, frail arms around her waist and dug his head into the hollow of her collarbone and shoulder. Seoyeon hugged him back, comfortingly.

"What happened?" Seoyeon whispered softly. "I had a nightmare," he mumbled. Slowly, she felt her t-shirt getting wet.

He's crying.

"About what?" Seoyeon questioned, gently rubbing his back in circular motions, which calmed him down a bit. "About mom and dad's car crash," he replied shakily and broke down again.

The Kim sibling's parents was indeed a bloody catastrophe, one that still lingered at the back of their minds, and the worst part is that they, themselves witnessed it.

•FLASHBACK

"How much longer?" 9 year old Suho groaned. They have been waiting for quite a while now for their parents to show up to their surprise anniversary party.

"They'll be here soon, Suho. Be patient," The young 18 year old Seoyeon comforted. Suho rolled his eyes, stating the obvious, "You know I can never be."

All of a sudden, they both here a loud screeching close by. They immediately run toward the window and peek outside only to notice that a familiar car collides into a truck. Seoyeon's and Suho's eyes are wide open, their hearts dropping to their stomachs. Quickly, Seoyeon lays her hand over Suho's eyes, delicately.

But it was too late as Suho already saw it and broke down into tears.

"No, please tell me that wasn't them, it's all just a bad dream, they can't go just yet. It's still too early," Suho kept on murmuring to himself before turning around and tightly burying his face into Seoyeon's warm embrace.

END OF FLASHBACK

"Hey, they're in a better place now, there, they will be taken care of, better," Seoyeon cooed tenderly, sighing in the process.