chapter 23

◉✧◉

◉✧◉

Days, weeks, a near whole month passed but Seoyeon never called or sent a text to Jungkook. She was mostly berating herself for abruptly lashing out at the dark-haired boy as he was not supposed to know what she said that day. He didn't deserve that, she'd keep thinking.

Ever since that afternoon, Seoyeon spent every second thinking about Jungkook. If he ate regularly, if he slept on time, if he still spent late hours practicing their new choreographies.

She regretted every bit of their argument with all her heart. How she wished she could take back everything she said. How she wished she could just turn back time and let things stay the way they were. How she wished she could apologize for everything and just tell him how much she lo-

A repetitive ringing fractured Seoyeon's long train of thoughts. A flicker a hope burned within her, just a tiny bit of anticipation that it might just be the boy on her mind.

Much to her disappointment, it was just Namjoon's mother, Kim Hyejin.

Seoyeon cleared her throat and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear before speaking, "Hello, auntie?"

"Hi, dear!" The lovely lady spoke rather ecstatically on the other end. Seoyeon smiled at this as fond memories of when her aunt was a ball of happiness back then flooded and how she still is now.

"How are you and that naughty Suho doing?"

Seoyeon laughed lightly at the old nickname for Suho, thankful to her aunt for making her feel a little less void inside, "We're doing alright, thank you."

"How are you and uncle doing? Not exerting yourselves, I hope?" Seoyeon asked, subtly reminding the woman of their health issues.

"Oh, you're still on about that?" Her aunt sighed, provoking the girl to chuckle under her breath, "I've told you so many times not to worry about us, Seoyeon-ah. We're doing just fine."

"Mhm," Seoyeon hummed skeptically. Seoyeon's aunt piped, "Anyway! The reason I actually called you was to borrow your car to go to the company, dear."

Seoyeon's mouth gaped for a few moments, but she responded before she made a fool of herself, "Auntie, excuse me if I sound rude, but can I ask why you can't just use uncle's car?"

"Oh, my dear, your uncle had to use it to go to work today," Hyejin on the other end explained, "...or if it's not too much of a hassle, how about you just drive me there?"

Seoyeon's heart fell to her stomach.

"Oh, um," Seoyeon gulped, trying to even out her breathing. Noticing her hesitance, Hyejin pleaded, "Please, dear. It's just that the boys are getting featured on this really, really famous show in the States and I-"