[8]-Can We Keep Them?

(A/N): I'm enjoying all the comment on the last chapter. Y'all are hilarious, and the support is amazing.

I'd like to dedicate this chapter to BlackMoon267

You've been the most supportive of the book and my writing! You're amazing and I hope you like the chapter! Also I just might adopt that cute name you have for Gulf, babyG.

__________

-Papa....- Mark reached out with grabby hands while half asleep. Mew shushed him and pointed towards an already knocked out Perth. Mark soon dropped his arms as he slowly went unconscious.

Mew and Gulf slowly backed up towards the exit and closed the door behind them.

-W-what just happened?- Mew asked once they made their way towards the living room.

Gulf was just as confused. His hands were running through his head with frustrated puffs of air fell from his mouth. On one hand he's happy to see his children but another part of him thinks things are too good to be true.

His mind was moving a mile a minute.

Mew could sense that his husband was having some sort of a break down, and quickly came to his side and they both slowly sat down to the couch.

-Gulf, what aren't you telling me?- Mew was fed up on dancing around the elephant in the room. It's been a couple days since Gulf told Mew that he went through something life changing and has yet to explain the incident to him.

Gulf absent-mindedly gripped Mew's hand. -What do you mean, love?- He asked, but he never met Mew's eyes.

Mew moved closer, pulled his hand out of Gulf's tight grasp and gripped the sides of Gulf's face, forcing the younger to look at him straight.

-At the end of the day, you're my Nong. I am to always be there, give you advice when you need it most, and never judge you while vulnerable,- Mew reminded him with a kind smile. He cupped Gulf's face with his left hand while his right moved a stray piece of hair out of his eyes. -I am also your husband, your partner, and your other half. Which means I always take half of the burden. If you're hurting, then let me take some of your pain so it becomes less unbearable- Mew nodded, Gulf nodded as well.

Mew leaned up to kiss the top of his head to seal the promise.

he pulled away slightly, hands still gripping both of Gulf's cheeks. Gulf gripped Mew's wrists like they were his lifelines, and kissed his left wrist.

-Please tell me what's tormenting you- Mew pleaded silently.

Gulf nodded again, and wiped at his face. He pulled away, needing to be in his own space, and Mew understood that. He joined his hands together and let them hang in between his open legs. Gulf's feet felt stapled to the floor. Everything that is happening seeming to weigh him down.

-I lost you-

Gulf's voice came out hoarse, Mew could barely make out the words.

-What do you mean you lost me?--

Gulf shushed him and put up his hand in a signal to keep his comments to himself. -I need you to let me speak, love. Just listen to me-

Mew silently nodded.

-It was after I made a big deal over the whole Art situation,- Mew tensed at the mention of the fight they had last week. -I became so hostile towards you, and you became more unhappy. It was killing me, but I just couldn't stop being angry with you. I wanted you to feel how I felt when you didn't come to me. I wanted you to hurt-