Chapter 3 - Hazel

It was a rainy old day on Half-Blood Hill. Normally, the weather goes around the camp, but every once and a while Chiron lets the rain in. This was one of those few days. The rain was coming down hard, so most campers were cooped up inside their cabins. Except for Leo, he had taken this opportunity to spend the day working in Bunker 9.

"This girl is on fire!~" He had the music turned up as loud as it could go so, he didn't hear someone knocking on the door. He also didn't notice someone else was there until they tapped on his shoulder. Leo nearly fell out of his seat.

"Oh, I'm sorry!" Hazel jumped back. "I didn't mean to scare you."

Leo turned the music down "No problem Amiga! I just didn't hear you come in."

"Sorry..." Hazel looked down at her feet.

Leo could tell something was off "What's the matter?"

She looked up "Leo, what's an iPod?"

Leo blinked "What?"

"An iPod." She prompted.

"Oh..." Leo was surprised "Well, it's a little device that plays music."

"But how can you put music into such a tiny box?" she asked.

"Well..." he thought of the best way to explain it. "Remember that phone that I gave you guys?" she nodded "Well it makes a noise when it rings right?" she nodded again "Well, people have been able to use the technology that makes a phone ring, and they've used it to be able to make other sounds. So now those devices can play music." It probably wasn't the best explanation, but she seemed to understand.

"Thanks..." she nodded "What's Snap Chat?"

"Well..." Leo started "Remember how I showed you how to text on your phone?" she nodded "Well, Snap Chat is an app on your phone that can let you basically send texts to your friends, only you have a picture behind it."

She nodded "Okay... what's Twitter?"

"Hazel, I'm happy to answer all of your questions, but why do I feel like there is something you're not telling me?" He asked.

She looked down at her feet. "It's nothing..."

"Hazel, why are you asking me about all these things?" he looked her in the eye.

She sighed "Fine..." she tried to look down at her feet again, but Leo made her keep eye contact. "I had been hanging out with Piper in the Aphrodite cabin. We had just been talking and stuff when Jason came in and asked if he could borrow her for a little bit. They said they would be right back, so I just waited for her. When they left though all of her siblings started pestering me about what it was like before I died. Then... they started making fun of me for not knowing about modern-day things. I left before Piper came back. So, I decided to learn about those things, so I fit in better."

Leo looked at her sadly "You don't need to know about stuff like that to fit in Hazel. You're great the way you are!"

"I know..." she sighed "I just get frustrated when people are having a conversation about something, and I have no idea what it is. That's why I thought I'd ask you."

"Why did you ask me?" he said curiously "Wouldn't you have wanted to ask Frank? Or Percy? Or Nico"

She smiled "I think Nico is almost as out of the loop as me. He probably wouldn't have been much help. And Percy would have gotten too excited to be any help. And Frank... that would just be too embarrassing... With you, I knew you would explain it in a way that makes sense. That's one reason why you're such a good mechanic. Besides, I knew you wouldn't make fun of me."

Leo grinned "Well I'm honored, Hazel. And if you really want to know about the modern world, I'll tell you."

She gave him a big hug. "Thank you so much, Leo!"

They spent the rest of their rainy afternoon having a crash course in the modern world. Once they were finished, Hazel felt much more confident in herself. Once she left, Leo went to the Aphrodite cabin to make a similar threat to what he had told the Athena cabin. It sure would be a shame if all of their makeup and clothes burned up in a fire now wouldn't it...

(A/N - hey guys, thanks for reading! :) Bye!)