Chapter 7 - Jason

"Alright Buford, two steps to the left. Ok... ok... wait no, the other left!"

Crash!

Leo sighed, "Buford buddy, I love you, but you're an idiot." The sentient table ran off into another room. "Yeah, you'd better run!"

Leo started picking up the parts that had been dropped onto the floor when he heard laughing. "You need some help?"

Leo turned around and saw Piper chuckling in the doorway. "Hola! Could you hand me that box?"

She walked over to his desk and handed him the desired object. "What'cha working on?"

Leo started filling the box with loose parts. "I'm trying to build a flamethrower that can be attached to Festus' back. That way if he's attacked, he can defend himself."

She looked at him confused, "Can't he breathe fire?"

Leo nodded, "Sure."

"Then why does he need a flamethrower?" she asked.

He shrugged, "I was board."

She shrugged, "Ok then..."

He took a seat at his bench, "So did you need something? Or were you just so lonesome without having seen me in two hours?"

She rolled her eyes, "Two hours hasn't been enough." he acted hurt, "I did need your help though." she suddenly got serious. "Jason's been working really hard lately. He has been helping at both Camp Half-Blood and Camp Jupiter, doing all kinds of odd jobs. I'm afraid he's overworking himself. I've tried talking to him about it, but he won't listen to me. I was wondering if you could talk some sense into him."

Leo nodded, "I can give it a try. Where is he?"

"He's helping build some of the new cabins." She answered. "He's been at it all day."

Leo stood up, "I'll go talk to him."

She gave him a peck on the cheek, "Thanks Leo. You're the best!" she then ran out the door.

Once she was gone, Leo left Bunker 9 to find his friend. Leo walked through the camp towards the cabins. "Hey!" he finally found Jason carrying some beams of wood.

"Hey yourself." He set down the wood. "What are you up to?"

Leo shrugged, "Not much." He observed that Jason was breathing heavily. "Why don't you sit down for a bit. You look really tired."

Jason shook his head. "I can't stop now. We need to get this cabin finished by the end of the week so we can start on the next one."

Leo looked at him concerned, "Jason, you're overworking yourself. I know this is important to you, but you need to take a break every now and then."

"I'm fine." He insisted. "I made a promise Leo, Kymopoleia is counting on me."

"First off, I am always surprised when you can say her name with such ease. There are so many syllables!" he got serious, "I know you made the promise, but why are you trying to do everything all at once? It won't hurt to take it a little slower."

"I just don't feel like I'm accomplishing anything." He said sadly. "It seems like every time I finish a project, something else comes up that I have to deal with. It never ends."

Leo nodded. "I get that, but you don't have to do all of this by yourself you know. You have friends. All you need to do is ask?"

"You'd help me?" he asked.

Leo laughed, "Of course I would. And so, would all the others. So, why don't you tell me what you were working on, and I can finish it up for you while you go spend some time with Piper. She's been worried about you."

Jason nodded, "I think I might just do that... thanks, Leo."

"What are friends for?" He waved as Jason walked away. Leo quickly finished Jason's project before heading back to Bunker 9. He was really getting good at these pep talk things. 

(A/N - Hey guys, thanks for reading!)