Chapter 6 - Frank

Leo was really starting to wonder how he kept finding himself in these positions. It seemed like every time he left Bunker 9 or his cabin, he came across one of his friends when they were upset. Today was different.

Leo was talking to the Stolls as they regaled him with tales of their latest prank. "And then... then... I can't even say it..." Conner doubled over laughing.

"Then Clarisse came out... and she was covered head to toe in hot pink glitter spray paint!" Travis finished wheezing.

Leo thought he was going to die from how hard he was laughing. "Oh, my gods... what did she do to you guys?"

Conner continued laughing, "That's the best part, she hasn't found out it was us yet!"

Leo frowned a bit, "Um... aren't you guys the only two that pull pranks like that?"

Travis shrugged, "Yeah pretty much."

"Then don't you think she probably figured out it was you guys?" he continued.

Conner waved him off, "She hasn't come after us yet though. If she knew it was us, she would have gotten revenge by now."

"STOLLS!!!"

Travis looked over his shoulder and his eyes widened, "Oh schist..." a mob of Ares campers came running over the hill in full battle army. The two sons of Hermes got up and took off in a sprint. Leo couldn't help but laugh as each of them was tackled by an Ares camper. The last Leo saw of them they were being dragged over the hill by their ankles.

Leo got up and decided he would go get a snack before heading back to his cabin. He was walking by the dining pavilion when he saw a solitary figure slumped at one of the tables. Leo decided to investigate. As he got closer, he realized he recognized the figure. "Hey, Frank."

He looked up at him sadly. "Hi Leo..."

Leo took a seat across from him. "What's the matter big guy? Did Percy take the last strawberry scone at breakfast again?"

"No..." he chuckled a bit, "Well he did, but that's not why I'm upset."

"What's wrong?" Leo asked with concern.

"I just..." he sighed. "I'm not very... cool I guess is the word. Hazel deserves someone better than me..."

"What do you mean?" Leo asked.

Frank shook his head, "Percy, Jason, and Nico are all sons of the big three. That automatically makes them super cool boyfriends. And you're really funny and have cool powers over fire. Hazel deserves a boyfriend like you guys."

"Well, maybe not Nico." He added helpfully. "He is gay after all. So, they wouldn't make a good couple."

Frank looked at him confused, "They're also brother and sister... I think that would be a bit of a bigger problem."

"Oh yeah..." Leo nodded, "Yeah no, they shouldn't date."

"Yeah, obviously." Frank sighed again, "I just feel like Hazel deserves someone better. Maybe she only started dating me out of pity."

Leo scoffed, "No chance! You sir are a lady killer! Any woman with common sense would be head over heels for you!"

Frank looked at him with more confusion, "You think women like me?"

"Of course!" Leo said grinning, "Girls love guys that are like big teddy bears. Besides, you can literally turn into a bear! Percy, Jason, and Nico may be powerful, but none of them can turn into animals. And that my friend is muy asombroso!"

Frank nodded, "I guess that is true... I don't know anyone else that can turn into animals..."

"Exactly!" Leo smiled. "Hazel is totally lucky to have a guy like you!"

He stood up quickly. "You're right. I feel much better now. I'm going to go see Hazel. Thanks Leo!"

"No problemo!" he waved as Frank took off towards the Hades cabin. Leo stood up smiling. "looks like I've still got it!" he went and got his snack before heading back to the Hephaestus cabin. 

(A/N - hey guys. Thanks for reading!)