Chapter 5 - Annabeth

"Ugh!" CRASH!

Leo hadn't intended on eavesdropping, he had just wanted a muffin from the dining pavilion, but he couldn't help but get the strangest sense that something wasn't right as he walked by the Athena cabin.

"Stupid piece of junk!" BANG!

Maybe he should check this out...

"Anybody in here? I... Agh!" Leo quickly ducked as a calculator went flying over his head. "Ay caramba!"

"Leo! Of my gosh I'm so sorry!" Annabeth ran over to him and helped him up. "Are you ok?"

"I'm fine." He slowly stood up. "Did anyone get the license plate of that flying calculator?"

Annabeth looked down, "Sorry, that was me." she picked up the calculator and took it back to her desk.

Leo noticed that she had a bunch of different devices scattered around her workspace. They all seemed to be in progress. "What'cha working on?" he picked up what looked like a mini flying machine.

She sighed, "I'm trying to recreate some of Daedalus' projects from memory. I lost his computer when Percy and I... well, you know... I'm trying to preserve his work, but I just can't remember all of the things he worked on. There were thousands of designs that could have revolutionized the world, and I lost all of them." She slumped down into her chair.

Leo put a hand on her shoulder, "Don't lose hope amiga." The gears in Leo's head started turning. "In fact,... I'll be right back..." Leo ran out of the room, leaving Annabeth to wonder what he was scheming.

~time skip~

Leo ran to Bunker 9 to grab his tool bag; he then ran to the Hades cabin. By the time he arrived, he was out of breath. Next time Jason offered to train with him he really needed to take him up on that offer.

Leo repeatedly knocked on the door until he got a response. "What do you want?" an extremely grumpy looking Italian threw open the door. His hair was a mess and he had bags under his eyes.

"Dude, were you asleep?" Leo said laughing. "It's like, two in the afternoon."

"Well, I'm sorry not all of us are fricking morning people Valdez." The amount of sass in that statement would put Percy to shame. "Now tell me what you want before I open up a hole to the Underworld to swallow you up."

"Actually, now that you mention it..."

~time skip~

"I can not believe you talked me into this..." Nico grumbled.

Leo laughed, "They say money talks, well so does a year's supply of McDonald's Happy Meals."

Nico smiled wistfully to himself. "Gods, I love chicken McNuggets..."

Leo smiled as he typed away on his laptop. "I know you do buddy. As soon as I'm finished, I'll treat you to as many chicken nuggets as you want."

Nico looked down at him, "Can you hurry up? This place really gives me the creeps. It brings back memories of... well, you know..."

"I know." Leo continued typing. "Don't worry, just one more second and.... Perfect! It finished downloading! Okay, we can go."

"Thank the gods!" Nico quickly grabbed Leo's arm and shadow traveled them away.

One McDonald's stop later and Leo was ready to give Annabeth her surprise.

~time skip~

Leo knocked on the door to the Athena cabin. "Anybody home?"

Annabeth opened the door, looking defeated. "Hey, Leo. Come in..."

Leo smiled at her and walked over to her desk. He took his computer out of his bag and set it down. "Turn that frown upside down amiga. I have a surprise."

"Surprise?" he gestured for her to sit down, which she did.

He typed a few things on the computer then turned it to face her. "Look familiar?"

Her eyes lit up. "Daedalus' projects?! How did you get these?!"

He grinned, "I bribed Nico into taking me to the edge of Tartarus in the underworld. I had hoped that Daedalus would have installed a personal Wi-Fi hotspot into his computer given that he was always on the move. Luckily, he did. And as expected, it had a very powerful range. I connected my computer to it, and hacked into it, ripping all of the files off of his computer and on to mine. And here we are. I already saved them all onto a flash drive for you."

Annabeth jumped up and gave him a bone-crushing hug. "Leo you are the best! I could almost kiss you!"

He shrugged, "Go ahead, I don't mind."

She gave him a quick peck on the cheek. "That's all your getting repair boy. And if you even think about telling Percy, you'll never see the light of day!"

"Ay, ay captain!" he gave her a mock salute with a goofy grin on his face. She shook her head but kept her smile. Leo really was a great friend.

(A/N - Hey guys. Thanks for reading!)